[Resolved]ROBLOX Not able to be installed on OS X Mavericks

When I try to enter a game on Roblox, it tells me to download the player (which I already have installed). When I try to reinstall Roblox from the installer that gets downloaded, I get this error message:

So then I tried to open Roblox Studio, which is already installed, and I get this error message:

I think this is a problem with the Mac I use because I tried to install it on a newer Mac in my house (2011) and it works fine. Any developer that could help me diagnose this?

P.S. I have a lot of other Studio bugs that are quite annoying, and I will be making another thread including those.

1 Like

I have a few Macs in the house running Roblox on Mavericks just fine.

I think you should completely uninstall Roblox. Shut down your computer (Don’t restart ), and re-install.

I remember having this problem years ago on an old PC running XP.

I don’t think it’s a bug. You seem to be the only person I’ve heard of with this issue!

[quote] I have a few Macs in the house running Roblox on Mavericks just fine.

I think you should completely uninstall Roblox. Shut down your computer (Don’t restart ), and re-install.

I remember having this problem years ago on an old PC running XP.

I don’t think it’s a bug. You seem to be the only person I’ve heard of with this issue! [/quote]

I’ll try that. It’s just annoying that this happens sometimes.

http://developer.roblox.com/forum/bug-reports/1223-roblox-mac-still-doesn-t-work

It still doesn’t work :dry:

phew, no Mac vs PC flame wars in this thread

What works for me is deleting all the Roblox files, it seems that Roblox has that issue because of something with the division of users and Roblox is being denied access to the other user’s files. If it’s got multiple users, see if you can test another.

[quote] phew, no Mac vs PC flame wars in this thread

What works for me is deleting all the Roblox files, it seems that Roblox has that issue because of something with the division of users and Roblox is being denied access to the other user’s files. If it’s got multiple users, see if you can test another. [/quote]

Lol I’m a Mac user and always will be, don’t expect that from me. Anyways, ya deleting all related files to Roblox fixed it.

[quote] phew, no Mac vs PC flame wars in this thread

What works for me is deleting all the Roblox files, it seems that Roblox has that issue because of something with the division of users and Roblox is being denied access to the other user’s files. If it’s got multiple users, see if you can test another. [/quote]

Lol I’m a Mac user and always will be, don’t expect that from me. Anyways, ya deleting all related files to Roblox fixed it.[/quote]

Nice. Also a Mac user over here, and I’m not going anywhere else any time soon :slight_smile:

[quote] [quote=“Ryan” post=19369]phew, no Mac vs PC flame wars in this thread

Lol I’m a Mac user and always will be, don’t expect that from me. Anyways, ya deleting all related files to Roblox fixed it.[/quote]

Nice. Also a Mac user over here, and I’m not going anywhere else any time soon :)[/quote] windows user for 7 years, linux user for 3
never leaving

Someone here should make a shell or lua script to delete all ROBLOX-related files.

DEL %appdata%\..\Local\Roblox*.* -S

it’s so easy