Restarting Studio on Mac To Apply Beta Features Stops Program From Opening

I’m on a mac, I enabled beta featured terrain then was asked to restart studio to apply the changes. After doing so, studio closed and I am unable to open it from both the website and application icon. Studio will just continue trying to open in an infinite loop.

There are no other beta features I enabled other than the new terrain which was the sea level and brush sizes. If I’m not mistaken it should be the sea level and brush size improvements. I clicked restart from the prompt after that nothing else, the program refuses to open.

I was asked to try disabling plugins but Can’t because studio will not open at all.

I have also tried uninstalling studio completely and reinstalling but the program will not open.

Before I enabled that single beta feature and restarted studio, it was running as stable as intended.

Studio version : 0.411.0.363394
Mac version: 10.13.6
Specs: 2.9 GHz Intel Core i5
16 GB 1867 MHz DDR3
Intel Iris Graphics 6100 1536 MB

I am trying and failing to repro.
I open latest version of studio. (same version you listed).
I turn on “Terrain Editor Beta”. (Is there some other BF I should be enabling?)
Opt to restart, restarts fine.

Are there steps I am missing?

There wasn’t anything else I did other than enabling the terrain beta, however I fixed the issue by doing a full restart of my computer. There must have been an issue in the restart process of studio upon enabling the beta feature. I can’t be sure though, I will keep an eye out to see if the issue arises again. Studio runs as intended after doing a system restart.

Update: I can no longer open studio through edit on the website, but I can through the application itself.

Update 2: I am completely unable to open studio at all from both app and website. There are no log files found anywhere unless I’m looking in the wrong place. The bug is becoming more critical as I need to work on a few important projects and get them done by next month.

1 Like