Restricting game by age

Hello! I was wondering if it is allowed on ROBLOX to make the game age-restricted. For example, if a player joins the game it will display a GUI that says “Are you 16+?” If you press Yes then you are allowed to enter, and if you press No it will kick you.
The reason behind it is that if the game has blood or horror like stuff then it would not be very appropriate for kids. Also by doing so I believe that if a kid joins the game but still presses that he is 16+, their parents can not complain to ROBLOX as the kids did agree that they were 16+.

1 Like

There is a Script like that But I’m pretty sure it’s for account age. You could possibly try to find a way to do it

1 Like

I would say to put a warning better than a restriction like that, which makes you believe that children under 16 will not press -YES- (because they are over 16). So the age restriction thing is a bit useless in my opinion.

1 Like

The date of birth from that account can be random, what makes you think that children put their real age?

Not the best solution.

Age is private, confidential information that is protected under the Privacy Policy and Terms of Use. You’re basically asking their age, which can be taken as breaking Terms of Use – which eventually can harm your game.

I recommend just giving a clear warning about your game having gore and blood.

P.S: Not hard to lie about your age regardless. Very easy loop to your system, making it useless even if it was implemented.

6 Likes

Honestly in my opinion if you have to have an age restriction on Roblox, it might be just a little to graphic then. Like what others have said, it breaks privacy and can be circumvented entirely.

Instead of restricting age because of gore and horror insert a feature to turn off most or all of the gore and horror. This way all players can play the game and you don’t have to worry about having your game deleted.

If your looking for a simple approach, but a warning in the description and in game with a button that says that you acknowledge the fact that their is gore and horror stuff in the game.

Hope this helps :slight_smile:

2 Likes