Result Of First Time Texture Painting

So In the past I have either done things with vertex paint or manual texture / just slapping on a texture in roblox. but now I decieded to try texture painting. and I am Loving It so far so much easier.

Devforum Feedback7

Thank you for reading.

7 Likes

Looks pretty great, nice job! :+1:

3 Likes

Has a medieval look to it. Looks good for that intention.

1 Like

This looks neat :slightly_smiling_face:

Could you go over the process of your first time doing a texture painting with this method?

1 Like

So I basicly have just been using roblox to put on a texture in the past. which I must say is not great.

With this I used the latest version of blender “2.9.1” I have been trying to learn it for some time now, since I started modeling in “2.7.9” which is much different, Whole new interface. But its actually much easier than I thought it would be. I created a shader. Then Added an image texture node and conected it to the base color. All of this you can find in basic tutorials. Then Just Got To Painting. In this case I didn’t even need to do any UV editing, since it really is just a cylinder. Thank you for reading. :slight_smile:

Thank you for The encourgment.

Looks cool. Try to use substance painter next time. IT works togheter with blender and its really easy to use.

It was my intention to make a medieval shield yes.

I won’t be using substance painter since I can’t afford it.

ITs free for students. SO just pretend your an student and your good to go

1 Like

In that case it wouldn’t be allowed for Commercial Products.

Im certain it is. As I use it and I dont get any problems and other blender users use it also constantly

Well I am not eligable for a student version.

well your choice you can just get it. Dont think your the only one.

Pretty neat, would be cooler though if you had a design like

this though

You can try a free texturing software called Material Maker, heard its got a layer painting system like Substance although its less advanced in comparison. Its mostly node-based however this allows for procedural textures and materials.

There’s also Armor Paint which I also think is free and Quixel Mixer.