Retention is way too low - yet the concept is simple?

Hi, I would like to ask you to quickly play through my game here, because I need some opinions regarding the gameplay loop:

I’m confused as to why the retention is SUPER low (5%). You get into the action quickly, the game isn’t that difficult either. So what’s the issue? Is it too boring in general?

Thanks in advance for all of your responses, it means a lot! :happy3:

Alright! I’ve been playing the game for roughly 30 minutes, and here is my “critical opinion” on your game(please do not take offense).

1. UI
While I love the fact that the UI is quite basic and is inviting to the target audience(which I presume is normally children), the UI seems a bit crowded with information.
For example: We can see there are 5 purchase icons to the left side alone, which take quite a lot of screen space. What I advise is to move all your UI to the left side of the screen(purchases and Claim Gifts), leaving ample space on the right, and also reducing the size of the UI buttons.
(You can also try moving all the purchases under one [shop], but I digress, that would be up to you.

2. Purchases
As a game developer, I understand that you need to sort of make your moneys worth generate some income, but the signs that are trying to get you to purchase gamepasses or items are too blatant that they become an eye sore.

3. Game Map
I love the concept of having to climb up certain obstacles that are easily reachable to reach the end, but the game layout is the same every single round. Perhaps you can add a function of people getting to vote on maps (example: Hawaiian Beach[Difficulty:easy]) which would also change how much rewards you get, etc etc.

Overall, amazing concept and I hope your game succeeds! But here is my little input on the retention rate.

3 Likes

Thank you for your valuable feedback, I will take it into consideration!

1 Like

add rng, position obstacles differently after every 5 wins or something. Also there are pro and cons of simple games, it’s more accessible to more players, but gets boring fast, games with depth like sport games are niche but can get a strong loyal playerbase

1 Like

it feels way too easy, i left after i won. maybe some difficulty modifiers would be nice

1 Like

Once you get halfway through it feels like you’ve experienced it all.