Retrieving code from an external server

I had a question about how I would go about retrieving code from a different server. I’m currently trying to make an activity tracking service and would not like my code to get stolen, so I have it in a different server.

1 Like

HttpService:RequestAsync and loadstring are what you need. Keep in mind that you don’t need to retrieve code from an external service if this is a server script.

1 Like

do you also know how I would make it into a key so the player cannot share the same code with someone else?

1 Like

Oh, so it’s p2p? That is not supported on Roblox, nor is HttpService clientsided. You would need to use the Roblox server as a proxy for your client.

This depends on the service you are using. If you’re referring to Roblox servers communicating to each other, that would be MessagingService.

1 Like

do you know what you mean by p2p?

1 Like

Yes. P2P is peer-to-peer networking. Roblox does not support it, so you need to use the server to proxy the data sent over.

1 Like

Could you give me an idea on how I would manage to proxy the data over? I’m not too used to external servers.

1 Like

That’s where I don’t think I can help. If the server is external, it would not be possible to retrieve another client’s data unless their client is sending multiple requests to check. You can retrieve the code from the external server just fine using HttpService on the ROBLOX server as mentioned earlier. You pass this data on to the client, therefore acting as a proxy.

1 Like