Revamp the forum formatting guide

Being on the forum for a while now, I find it difficult trying to help those with coding help as people aren’t familiarized with the format with code. Even aside from the coding aspect, people tend to ask “how do I center my text” or “how do I add in embeds” etc. this is because the formatting guide is not currently viewable and/or it’s not widely known/used amongst others. Because of this, it makes it difficult for others to create posts that they may want to format to make it readable.

Also to note: some of the existing guides are in categories like the lounge, hence making them useless and causing a spur of formatting questions.

My proposal is to revamp the formatting guide and add it to the FAQ section or somewhere where it can be easily reached/referred to. Referring it should be in each template for each post that is going to be created. The current one is older and isn’t widely used as much, possibly not even seen since people don’t see it. Providing examples of how to format something will help a bunch too.

Here’s an example guide: An Unofficial Discourse User Reference Guide - TechForum Site and Post Help - Electronic Component and Engineering Solution Forum - TechForum │ Digi-Key

8 Likes

Just to note, one of the primary guides for this is currently in #bulletin-board pending further communication from DET on the matter.

Specifically: https://devforum.roblox.com/t/developer-forum-formatting-guide/456083 by @Archasion

5 Likes