Reverting to older place version then back to latest doesn't work

Bug is still happening, wonderful engine support provided by Roblox and completely demotivates me to report any of the numerous bugs when this 3 year old bug still persists.

1 Like

Is this problem still happening ? I am unable to reproduce the issue in creator dashboard.

Sorry for the delayed response, been busy with college and work. I tried replicating this myself right now a couple of times and was only successful once out of a hand full of times (~15), and with me being tired right now perhaps it was a weird fluke thing I did on my end.

I recall being able to do this consistently back in 2020 but am unable to now. My guess is that this may have gotten fixed with the release and switchover to the Creator Dashboard. With that said, I’m not sure why or how @4Slu may be experiencing this.

one thing I did note while messing around is that it is completely possible to revert to an older place version and go into edit the place before everything is fully processed. (website show’s that it’s switched to an older version, loading into studio shows otherwise) Waiting a few extra seconds before editing brough up the reverted place though.

Regardless, the above is unlike original bug where say you were on unpublished version 252 and you reverted to an older version that was published before the most recently published version, such as Published version 250, then tried to revert to the most recently published version, say 251 it wouldn’t create saved version 254 and wouldn’t bring up the contents that were in 251.

To Recap: Unlike 2020, I am not able to consistently replicate this bug in 2023. It is however completely possible to load back into studio after reverting before it’s fully processed, even though the website says it’s completed.

Are you still able to reproduce this? I am under the impression the new creator dashboard fixed this issue.

This bug is still happening. I press restore on an older, published version of the game, I wait a few minutes and nothing has changed.