Review On My First Roblox Game

So I made this game called Sword Random, which you sword fight against other players but random events happen every 5 seconds! This is my first ever proper game I coded on roblox and I would like to know if you guys will enjoy it or not, or if I need to add anything or remove anything, just let me know. (I also accept negative feedback)

4 Likes

Looks interesting but I have a few critiques

Make the lobby a bit more interesting, even if it’s just a camping site around the map, or a little lake, just something to spice up the forest
Maybe have some NPC’s of you or other people who may have worked on the game there that you could talk to for no reason other than “why not”

Something I definitely don’t like are some of the payment options
Being able to buy wins with the starter pack, or x5 wins with VIP?
I’m not gonna sugar coat it, that’s just… that’s just stupid. Seriously.

1.5x speed as a gamepass is fine I guess, although I still don’t like it as I don’t like pay walls like that, especially when they aren’t in game currency.
Same thing with premium players getting 200 health, that’s just totally unfair to people who don’t pay for premium.

What I’d recommend is to make the speed boosts and extra health upgrades you can get for shards, and then maybe have premium players get a shard multiplier. That way there’s more point to the shards and more goals for the player to work towards.

2 Likes

Hi there,

I tested out the game and was able to play a couple rounds of the Snowy Cabin and I also explored the lobby on my own. I’ll start with the negative first:

Critiques and Suggestions
-There’s a bug that occurs when you join the shard-collection map with all the zombies where it’ll spawn you in without any weapon, so you’ll basically just either have to jump off the map, reset character, or wait for the zombies to eat you in order to get out. It happened the second time I entered the map but not the third or fourth, so I’ll have to try and find a way to duplicate it. Also I’m just going to say it… that arena needs a lot of work to be more interesting hahaha
-The GUI for the shop screen hijacks your mouse pointer if you’re in first person, and the “X” button to close the GUI is also placed where the chatlog is, so it’s quite difficult to try and close. Something I’ve done with these sorts of GUIs is integrated an exit key that the player presses in order to leave the GUI (in my game, it’s “Press E to Close”).
-From what I saw of the Snowy Cabin, the map is quite small. Instead of expanding it horizontally, you could expand it vertically up the mountain walls to make it more interesting - little caves that dip in and out of the mountain, broken railway tracks that players could use to access other locations, etc. That would make it unique and unlike anything I’ve seen.

Positive Feedback
-I actually really like the art style you’ve chosen for the game. It’s almost reminiscent of the cel-shaded Wind Waker style that many people grew up with, and I like how you’ve used unique meshes to tie the theme together with the whimsical portals and other things present in the lobby.
-I also think the lobby is a good size and has enough in it for a game that has a short intermission and a short round time. Look at Flee the Facility - their lobby is practically as basic as it gets and players need to wait up to 15 minutes in there before a round starts! So with the music combined with the style and the presence of a shopkeeper, NPC’s and a good setting in the middle of a forest, I think your lobby is just fine.
-Like I mentioned in the previous comment, I like how short the intermission and rounds are. I also think having an arena where you can fight zombies to collect shards is a good way of keeping the players busy while they wait for a game to start - and it also gets them experience!
-You’ve also done a good job at integrating the GUIs and animations and the game definitely looks like the “beta prototype” most people never get to. I’ll have to test those things on my phone to make sure everything scales properly but from what I saw they did.

Overall I think the game has potential and the earlier you start collecting players to test it, the better. Have you made a Discord server for the game yet? And also, will players be rewarded for completing the random events? I also think there should be a timer in the level, whether it be visual or auditory like the sound of a ticking clock, to warn the players that they’re about to be hit with an event.

1 Like

Thank You, but do you have any suggestion to make my game more players, i put ads and sponsers and tell my friends about the game but it barely gets any active player. Any tips?

Try TikTok, people are always looking for new things to play on there.

tried and only got 100 views :sob:

I played the game and one of the events was literal death. The other player got it and I won instantly.

Keep advertising it and use helpful hashtags such as:

#roblox #robloxdev #robloxfyp #robloxgames #robloxdeveloper

Also, describe a bit what the game is about. If you do said methods, one of your videos is bound to blow up.

how can i advertise, on tiktok it already failed, twitter am not popular, discord doesn’t work and I don’t want to make multiple forum about my game because devforum mod may not like it

What I would do is collect a whole bunch of feedback on your game and implement it. The better the game the bigger the chance for it to blow up. Also, it hasn’t failed on TikTok, I’ve seen cases where people advertise their game and a few of videos flopped but eventually one hit the algorithm and it blew up. The algorithm is a little inconsistent at times, don’t give up.

Hey, I would defiantly try to invest into saving some robuxs or if you got cash buy some to advertise the game.
I feel like this game could do pretty good. I would make the lobby a bit more detailed. Other than that, you did a very good job on your first game! :+1:

I spent my robux on sponser ads and computer ads, but they only give little clicks :frowning:

1 Like

the menu is really good, i like it a lot, but some areas in the gui can look a bit plain, also the first answer in the qna section has a bit of a grammar error, and the description of the game says 7 seconds but this post says 5, it also has a little bit of a grammar error, and the fighting area is a little small, but anyways, the game itself is pretty good! id give it a 7.5/10

Thanks! I try my best to fix the bugs you give out to me im kind of a new scripter :slight_smile:

yw! and thats ok, im kinda new too

IF Sponsoring doesn’t work out, you could always go into games made for advertisement. Many people could be interested, if not even give you some good amounts of cash to help you out.

what games can be used for advertising games?

I would definitely go to Group Recruiting Plaza. Although it is a group game you can still make it about your game. You can buy things in the game to make you’re stand out more.

ok i definitely will check this place ot :slight_smile:

1 Like

I love the game and keep on trying. Hopefully you take some consideration from my texts good luck!