Rich Presence for Roblox on Discord

Discord Rich Presence

A richer way to show what game you’re playing on Roblox.

Why?

So, you may have heard of ro-presence, but I would like to offer an alternative.

If you’re like me then you don’t like when a program has to read from the registry to get your .ROBLOSECURITY cookie so that it can work.

In an effort to start learning Go lang, I made my own rich presence application which works without requiring you to connect to 3rd party applications like RoVer and requiring your account’s security cookie to work.

How?

It works by simply reading the command line string that was used to start the application. The RobloxBetaPlayer.exe application has a placeId parameter passed to it when it is launched so you can read directly from that to enable easy rich presence on your discord profile without requiring access to your .ROBLOSECURITY or having to connect 3rd party applications to verify your Roblox account.

Where?

The source code for the application is publicly available on my github page.

Source Code

The source code is publicly available if you wish to built the project yourself.

Release Binaries

If you don’t want to build the application yourself then you can use the two release binaries which you can download.

Which binary should I use?

Totally dependent on you.

• Main-Hide.exe has no visible terminal.
  • Main.exe has a visible terminal.

You can close Main-Hide.exe by opening task manager and going to background tasks and looking for “Main-Hide.exe” and stopping the process.

How do I use it?

1. Download a preferred release binary.
  2. Make sure you have discord open.
  3. Run the binary.
  4. Join a Roblox game

Still have questions?

Make a reply or directly contact me through Devforum Messages or Discord!

23 Likes

You have to manually close the program to stop it, it still thinks your in the game after you leave.

Other than that, it’s pretty good!

Have you thought about adding studio support?

1 Like

Haha oops I didn’t even notice. I’ll fix that very quickly. Thank you. I’ve fixed this in the latest release.

I’ll look into it. Thanks for the suggestion!

1 Like

Uh, I don’t think this is supposed to be on devforum, because discord is nothing to do with roblox… But ok

huh? This is rich presence on Discord for Roblox. The post is fine as there is many posts related to Discord-Roblox intertwined development.

19 Likes

Thanks, this is really awesome and cool.
Will be using in the future 100% especially if you add that Studio Support :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Hey, this is really interesting and very kind of you to take security into account. I’m curious, what request do you make in your code that registers your presence on Roblox to Discord.

I use a Go package called “rich-go” which is a library for Discord RPC.

3 Likes

This is a really cool thing. I’ll test it tomorrow and let you know about anything.

HM EXCUSE ME WHAT IS THIS CPU USE? hm why :(

It seems to stop doing that when you join a game… I… Is there a way to fix this?

It starts again when you leave.

2 Likes

How is this better than Premid though

1 Like

What is Premid? Is it an alternative?

it only going to show what website u visit in chrome

2 Likes

you can get more plugins, i have one that displays my game

Ran into a problem downloading the Main file: Google says that the file is not downloaded often and the file may be dangerous. I am afraid of that

If you think there is something bad in there take a look at the source code.

2 Likes

Don’t worry. My application is safe.

I expected something like this to happen in the beginning because not many people are going to be downloading the binary. You can either download the binary and ignore the warning or just download the source code and build it locally on your machine.

If you want help building the file I can try to link resources for installing Go and how to use Go to build a file.

There also may be an with the application because it iterates over running processes then tries to find RobloxBetaPlayer.exe and after it does it will read the command line that started the process.

1 Like