RichText [TextScaled Support Added]

We will have linebreak tag <br> support.

8 Likes

Kind of off topic but do you think the TextSize enums will be updated as well?

Is this going to be live in the future or is it live right now?

1 Like

Soon well be able to Put Comic Sans Font in Text labels?

1 Like

:smiling_face_with_three_hearts: loving richtext so far!

85 Likes

This is amazing, I can’t wait for this to be live. I was expecting a markdown system though, but this works!

Woo hoo! Are there any plans to allow for images to be embedded within strings of text? This would be super useful for custom fonts and keyboard hints! Example: [E] to enter or whatever.

Another SUPER useful thing that kind of falls in the same boat is an API for getting the pixel position of a character. Being able to mix custom UI elements into the positions of text objects would be really sweet… I’ve had to do some hacky things with TextBounds in the past to get this to happen but it’s a little difficult considering the fact that fonts all have different character sizes for each letter.

I think I made a feature request a long time ago for this… can’t find it :confused:

1 Like

this is AMAZING! Its hard to make text different to each other without this feature, ty!

One of the best updates for Roblox Studio! Now text can look more better and easier considering before, you had to do textbox by textbox. Now it can all be in one textbox! This is really useful!

Now this, is epic. Thank you Roblox this is so cool and I’ll use this.

Sick! Always wanted to do something like this :smiley:

One of the things we needed for UI! Nice work Roblox!

I made a live syntax highlighter!

It’s somewhat inefficient as it recalculates the tags every single time you type a new letter, though its a nice proof of concept.
Most of the issues are caused by Rich Text limitations, like not allowing double line breaks.

18 Likes

Any idea when we can embed texts that we have installed on our systems? Sort of how Adobe applications feature fonts? Or is that a while down the road due to copyright infringements being a main issue. A main way around it would be to provide us with a ever-growing list of none CC fonts.

Interesting Fuction, But too sad that is beta

1 Like

Out of curiosity, what method did you use to enable RichText in the chatbox?

Initially, I tried using a TextLabel which is edited whenever you type and making the Chat’s TextBox’s text invisible, but this removes the highlight cursor in the text.

Then, I tried overlaying a TextLabel over the Chat’s TextBox, and then overlaying an additional TextBox to capture the focus, and this worked for the most part… but there would eventually be weird formatting errors, and the texts would offset from one another.

Neither of these methods really accomplish this well, because their are bugs which are unfixable. What method did you use?

1 Like

A variation of your second method, but while actively manipulating TextTransparency based on context.

2 Likes

Excellent update!

This is so hope full, thanks!

Love this I’m looking out for the full release. I love being able to use an html style format it’s nice and simple.

Plus anyone who doesn’t know how to do this could easily learn this within five minutes is the nice part.

Easy, clean, and good looking. Great job roblox. :+1:

You have no idea how long I have been waiting for this update. I hate having to add multiple text labels just to make it bold.

1 Like