RichText [TextScaled Support Added]

Can’t believe! Finally, thanks

1 Like

This is a brilliant feature! Not only does it give me more customisation options, but I will no longer have to use two textlabels to put some text in bold or a different colour.

Full support here. I mean imagine being someone who has no idea how HTML works, and they HAVE to research to get what they want on their text. This overall would just make RichText so much more user friendly.

Setting RichText to true when using TextScaled makes the font take the size of TextSize instead of scaling like normal. I understand that having TextScaled and a size tag wouldn’t work in the usual way what with the different sizes and all, but if I don’t use any size tags it would be nice for TextScaled to take effect once again.

Before:
After:

All my text has become really small ᗡ:

1 Like

This is great! no more time wasted on extra scripts!

Is there a way to check the actual TextBounds with RichText on?
Currently TextBounds is calculated with all the tags
I tried making chat work with RichText, but because of that, this happens:
With RichText off:

EDIT: Nevermind, TextBounds gets calculated correctly, the chat is just weird
Does anyone know how to make this work properly?

1 Like

I’m pretty sure roblox chat calculates the size by using TextService:GetTextSize, and I read that while using RichText, it wouldn’t be calculated properly

I made a similar chat system, and my work-around for calculating the correct size was to use a non-rich version of the message for the sizing, and then use the rich version once the sizing was calculated.

any plans to add support for images? something like [id here] to let us show images in text along with other tags to change size, imagecolor, etc would be extremely useful

1 Like

When is this feature going to leave beta? It seems like it’s ready to me

4 Likes

The wrapping is still messed up (quite annoying for certain projects I’m working on). That’s the only one I can speak to personally, but there are still other bugs. This cannot ship until all these bugs are fixed.

I’m glad to hear this, I’m wondering about fonts like Century Gothic for example, etc! :slight_smile:

This feature was much needed, however, my main problem is that i doen’t work with the typewriting effect, using sub

It does work, you just need to find the characters that need to be colored and type each character out with tags.
Example:
“Donuts”
If you want typewrite that with effects, you need to do like:
<>D</> <>o</> <>n</> <>u</> <>t</> <>s</>

by that, i mean, when I typewrite, it shows the format for a few seconds, I dont really want that

Yea I already said how to deal with that. Check my edit, added an example

I think it is a very useful function that will help us do amazing things with text on Roblox, I can’t wait for official release!

2 Likes

Finally it’s an official feature, been waiting for this for ages! :3

1 Like

Fantastic change. I have wanted this for so long, it’s finally here! Amazing.

1 Like

Really hyped to see this update to text, It really just gives it a new feel!

3 Likes