RichText [TextScaled Support Added]

This is awesome and I can’t wait to use it! Is there any ETA as to when this feature will go live?

4 Likes

Please keep on developing this! This brings so much uses to us creative UI makers :slight_smile:
Are we going to be able to get raw text or will we always have to parse it ourselves? :frowning:

4 Likes

Woah, this is absolutely incredible! Normally I would need to have several adjacent TextLabels to achieve this, which can be quite tedious to manage at times.

3 Likes

This will make highlighting key-words so much better!!

Equip your Inferno Blade from your Inventory (B)

:clap: :clap:

14 Likes

By far, the BEST UI update in a really long time! :open_mouth: :tada:

Syntax highlighting has never been easier

Code is a botch, I know, but at least it works

Links! Links all the way, baby!

2020-07-20-21-58-23-892

I may or may not update this post with random creations using (and abusing) this feature…

43 Likes

A feature I’ve wanted to see for years and thought would never happen. Really excited to see this and the furutre improvements that come down the line for it! This might be one of my favorite updates I’ve seen. Gone are the days or writting custom text parsing that involved countless individual text labels.

Super excited for some of the recent features.

2 Likes

UICorner now RichText? Whaaaat!
Soon I’ll be able to write entire html pages in Roblox!
One question, will there ever be support for css / stylesheets?
Like this:

local stylesheet = Instance.new("Stylesheet")
4 Likes

hmm 1 month later, did this get moved to a public category late?

Ok anyway, one minor question with RichText regarding the italic tag: Does this only work with SourceSans considering that is the only font face that has an italic fontset or does it work with every font face.

2 Likes

Seems to work with every font face.

Testing italics with Bodoni, italicizes just fine

3 Likes

I’m really liking this new feature! I hope some day that they will implement RichText into the Roblox default chat system for customizing chat messages.

1 Like

Support for tags within textLabels is a nice addition but having everything under one line especially with tags would make editing text more cramped. It would be great if there was a popout window to edit text and a more feature-rich text editor would be much welcome.

A text editor like this pictured above would be great!

26 Likes

It should be simple enough to mod the default chat to allow richtext formatting, because the richtext formatting is a boolean. Finding where the labels are created and adding “label.RichText = true” is the simplest possible mod to do this.

I imagine you may want to add font tag filtering, though, because otherwise the <font=> tag will allow size 128 labels that literally anyone can type whenever they want.

not to mention the monstrosity that is the chat tags inside Quaternions’ surf and bhop games

2 Likes

When I select a TextBox with RichText and it stops rendering rich text, TextBounds doesn’t change.

Is there any way I can get it to select the text while doing rich text rendering?
https://i.gyazo.com/617c8774fb5d11c4cbeed5bc2e4e11fa.mp4

I guess I can put a non rich text TextBox under the rich text TextBox and then make it so you can’t select the rich text box which is pretty similar to what I’m trying to achieve, should I do this?
https://i.gyazo.com/5c0459cfb76dfc5d195de7a55cd34a95.mp4

3 Likes

This is unbelievable. I’ve read the post 10 times already simply out of pure excitement. It’s finally here!!!

3 Likes

THANK YOU SO MUCH.

We have gone far too long without this feature. Cheers to the future!

3 Likes

POGGERS, WE HAVE RICH TEXT NOW! :woot:

Seriously, I couldn’t have been more happier to see this coming out, especially since this survey came out. It will be so much easier to dynamically color text in one label, and I won’t have to go through the struggle to use multiple labels.

This will also be a great feature for @boatbomber’s Lua Learning. Sure, that means complete re-writing of the libraries and such, but it will be much less of a hassle.

2020 has been an amazing year for the devs (even if I’ve run out of ideas), honestly. With phase 3 of FiB, better discovery, and more, I am slowly getting more and more optimistic. Sure, 2020 sucks, but you never know, things may change next few months.

3 Likes

Unfortunately, because it switches to the raw text when focused, this is worthless to me. I can’t have a script editor use this for syntax highlighting because they’ll just see random XML junk instead of colored script text.

Oh well, I’m sure this has many other uses!

6 Likes

Well, I guess you might be able to split it up into two sides; the markdown editor and the text/guide preview, but I’m not sure if that will do any better.

4 Likes

I’m talking about a script editor, not a tutorial writer.

The textbox should look like:

local x = 1

But will look like:

<font color="#abcdef">local</font> <font color="#abcdef">x</font> <font color="#abcdef">=</font> <font color="#abcdef">1</font>
4 Likes

Reply to: @Mirzadaswag & @boatbomber
as @dustmouse12 said, I really think that there should be an editor for RichText in studio + the abality to be able to only get string data without RichText syntax

Support for tags within textLabels is a nice addition but having everything cramped under one line especially with tags would make editing text more cramped. It would be great if there was a popout window to edit text and a more feature-rich text editor would be much welcome.

A text editor like this pictured above would be great!

6 Likes