RichText [TextScaled Support Added]

It’s so heart-warming to see this go from a feature request to a feature!

I’ve created this cool effect in a matter of minutes!

Can we also have a font-weight property in there? That way the animation above can look less jagged and more like a “fade-in” effect. Plus, can we also have a text offset property where we can slightly offset the text from its current position. This can make a cool bounce effect mixed with the typewriting effect where new characters fall to the text label’s position from a higher/lower position.

Actually, being able to use rich text on any visual text property like text transparency would be even better!

I am feeling so happy that I want to create more cool things with this!
Thank you everyone who worked on this,
Keep it up, Roblox! :roblox: :roblox_light:

@AREDEUS @dustmouse12 I think this may be of great use: Text Editor Window (it has gotten staff attention via a like, so it may be coming soon, too!).

22 Likes

RobloxScreenShot20200720_220232092 (2)

I was messing around with this in one of my games, and in less than an hour, I’ve already found that the new RichText feature removes TextStroke from words when formatted. It seems like this happens with all of the formats.

I’ve also found that you cannot edit the TextStrokeTransparency while RichText is on. It’s almost like it freezes the text completely.

3 Likes

This was stated in the original post, they have a fix planned.

6 Likes

We agree, more on this soon…

11 Likes

Yes this would be a good feature addition, the current method to edit the text is less than ideal.

12 Likes

Oh my god, this is a dream coming true!
I’ve been wanting for months for this feature to be announced, and now it’s finally here!
This is one of the best days in my life

2 Likes

Oh my god, I didn’t know there was a RichText beta feature in Roblox studio. I think it’s a good feature to use for a TextLabel. I feel so excited to use this feature. :+1:

1 Like

I ask myself exactly the same question as @Halalaluyafail3 : Is it possible to change a text without showing it in XML format and will MarkDown and HTML be supported?

1 Like

is incredible!! now we can write in our games (example) “find 3 carrots” it looks more beautiful if you write it in bold because you highlight what to look for, instead “find 3 carrots” it looks very simple. excellent update.

2 Likes

I really like this update, but some developers are not specialize to script, and now, it makes it even harder to write on signs.

1 Like

Awesome addition, I’ve wanted RichText so badly!

2 Likes

Is this live in client yet?

1 Like

This must be one of the most usefull feature available in Roblox Studio.

1 Like

You guys are really going exponential with the “I wish Roblox had this” features as of late. Hype!!! Thanks for all the awesome work behind the scenes! :smiley:

1 Like

This is so cool!
Kinda wish there was a better text editor and more fonts though…

And speaking of that: Will some fonts be depracated? (for instance: GothamBold, ArialBold, SourceSansItalics)

1 Like

Now, this is what I called an epic feature. This’s gonna be useful for every Roblox developer who designed a looking awesome UI with this RichText feature. :+1:

Example picture if you want:

4 Likes

One step closer to a in-game script editor with highlighting. I will try experiment making one with this, but I hope we once can get the text as rawtext too that will make it easier.

1 Like

While messing around with this, I noticed that when changing TextXAlignment to Center in a long text, it isn’t centered, it stays at like TextXAlignment is set to Left (Only last line works normal).

What it suppose to look like (RichText = false):
Pic1
What it looks like (RichText = true):
Pic2

Same issue when chaning TextXAlignment to Right too:
Pic3

3 Likes

Finally! I’ve been waiting for this for such a long time!

1 Like

Thank you so much for adding this feature!

This will help a lot of GUI designers making their game easier, I hope there will be more Fonts in the near future.