Rig Transporting

Basically, I’m trying to make a combat concept for a game I enjoy. Basic Sword and Shield Fighting.

I’m trying to figure out how to transfer a dummies rig to the player with the sword and shield, and I’ve got no clue how to script it and have no ideas at all! This is the rig I want to transport to the player.

The only thing I’ve tried is making them a tool, but not only do I find making tools really hard but also they wouldn’t work in the way I animated it and the way it’s rigged. The animations I made would look off since the sword and shield have motor6Ds. Then like always I couldn’t find anything on the forum to help at all…

So basically I was just wondering for a basic idea of how I’d put the rig that’s on the dummy and put it on the player with the sword and shield model when they spawn without having to use a tool. (and I can work things off from there!)

Thank you!

3 Likes

can you elaborate on what rig transporting means? do you wish for the player to use the rig that you’ve made on the dummy?

Yes something like that, basically I want the sword and shield on the player character with the motor6Ds so it works with the animations i’ve made!

Which I would have to put the rig from the dummy onto the character I think. It’s kind of hard to explain?

You wouldn’t need to make a rig for it, just use motor6ds, that will suffice it. Scripts are involved.

nah i get what you’re saying. what i’d do if you want to make it a tool, is that it’d have all the joints in the parts in the tool, and on equipped, connect the motor6d joints to the respective parts. that way on equipped the animations will play correctly.

How exactly would I get the sword and shield to be in the exact spots i want them though?

By positioning it where you want it to be. Like take the character right arm cframe and then add a cframe that will be used to change the position to where u want it to be.

This is hard for me to understand even though I’m sure this should be very simple for most.

I’m assuming you want me to find the Cframe for the right arm and then see the Cframe of where I’d say want the sword and remember the distance away from the right arm it is or something?

How would I add the sword and shield? Do I put them in Replicated or Server Storage and then clone them to appear rigged to the character?

Sorry if I’m dumb by the way, I used to be a decent programmer but I gave up for some time and forgot alot of the fundimentals.

You can put them in either or, I’d suggest ServerStorage for being safe, then just add it with using CharacterAdded event.

i’ve done my own thing now, i have a tool set up (just for a equipped event) that puts Motor6Ds on the character and the the sword and shield show up, but they’re of course out of position and orientation. I’m trying to find the relative distance between the arm and shield right now to replicate the rig rather than import it onto the player.

i got the magnitude between the lowerleftarm and the shield (
image)
but don’t know what to do with it.

you already have the dummy rig with the motor6ds. copy them and put them in the sword in the serverstorage somewhere. when the character loads in or equips a tool, set the part1 and part0 of the motor6ds. if you’ve copied the motor6ds from the rig they’ll already be in the exact spot you wished for.

I ended up cloning the motor6Ds but it most works now, thank you!

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 14 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.