Right clicking on buttons in the creator dashboard does not bring up the context menu anymore

Reproduction Steps

Currently, as of 9/21/22, right clicking on any buttons in the creator dashboard does not bring up the context menu for that button. Instead, the web browser’s default context menu comes up. As a workaround, the developer is now forced to explicitly left-click the triple dots in the top right of the button.

1. Go to your creations under the creator dashboard
  2. Right click on any place or asset
  3. Observe that the context menu no longer shows up
  4. Click on the triple dot in the top right
  5. Observe that the context menu shows up

Expected Behavior

It is expected that right clicking a button in the creator dashboard would bring up that button’s context menu. This was working around a month ago.

Actual Behavior

Right clicking a button in the creator dashboard brings up the web browser’s default context menu.

Workaround

None

Issue Area: Roblox Website
Page URL: https://create.roblox.com/creations
Impact: High
Frequency: Constantly
Date First Experienced: 2022-09-21 00:09:00 (-04:00)

1 Like

Hey,

This was a purposeful change to ensure that we have increasing parity in experience between mobile and desktop - the former being incapable of a right click.

Hope that makes sense!

Thanks

2 Likes

Why would this be intentional? It seems like it’s just harming UX rather than increasing parity.

2 Likes

Hi @peraldon! Thanks for the response.
Wouldn’t it be better to have right-click available on PC still, since mobile can just use the triple dot menu? Right clicking is much faster and convenient on PC.

Without the right click functionality, I have to click the triple dots. I end up missing a chunk of the time, which redirects me. What would have been a 1 second “copy ID” task is now 6-10 seconds of going back and clicking the menu again.

2 Likes

Since left-clicking the game’s tile redirects to a link, can you make middle-click open the link in a new tab? Having to use the three dots menu is inconvenient.

But it’s incapable of hovering either, which appears to be required to make the three dots appear.

I’m gonna bump this and say that having a right click menu would be very helpful.

Respectfully, given there is a 3 dots menu, @peraldon , your point is moot. Re-enabling the right click whilst keeping the three dots as well would make the most sense. Plenty of sites have that type of two-pronged approach.

I understand this is a bug that I will report separately, but I have also noticed that copying asset id from decals does not give the correct id, I have to go into studio and paste it into a decal to get the right one.

Anyway, please just re-enable it because it would cause absolutely 0 harm.