Right Leg and Left Leg Issues with UGC Bundles

Due to a few recent updates in the studio and in the engine, several UGC Bundles have become broken beyond repair. An attempt to fix Korblox leg ripoffs has implemented a fix that inadvertently limits us bundle creators, and breaks some of our bundles to the point that things that used to pass the validation checker, no longer does… For example, a skeleton bundle that was created by someone else recently worked fine and could be uploaded normally before this update dropped.

However, after the updates, this issue is very concerning due to how annoying and unfixable it can be to us creators. The two main issues are within the legs, and the errors show as follows:

• “RightLeg is too transparent. Please fill in more of the mesh”
  • “LeftLeg is too transparent. Please fill in more of the mesh”
    This happens even when the mesh is not transparent. It has broken many bundles and limited the possibilities for future bundles.
    Where it happens:
    This issue occurs with many UGC Bundles. Below is an example of an affected bundle:

When it happens:
The issue started happening after the following updates:

• Date: 7/16/2024
  • Version: Roblox Studio Version 0.634.0.6340420
    Videos and Images:
  • Before Update:

• After Update:

Reproduction Instructions:
To reproduce the issue:

1. Simply Make a custom bundle with custom legs ( like the skeleton for example ).
  2. Attempt to upload or use the bundle.
  3. Observe the errors related to “RightLeg” and “LeftLeg” transparency.
83 Likes

I agree, this happens alot to me.

aiognaiognaon character filling

8 Likes

This is just an acknowledgment announcement!

We’ve filed a ticket into our internal database for this issue, and will come back as soon as we have updates!

Thanks for flagging!

6 Likes

that particular test looks at the axis aligned bounding box that the leg asset encompasses, and checks that that bounding box is mostly filled in with opaque geometry. Is there a reason that your leg might be creating a bounding box far wider/taller than the visible part of the leg?

2 Likes

do you have a link to that skeleton model?

2 Likes

Not my creation but someone else’s back before the update messed with validation

1 Like

Roblox you have literally made 7 bundles i had planned impossible due to your inability to fix a bypassed bundle.

1 Like

this validation doesnt make sense, these are my legs and yet for some reason I’m unable to upload my avatar to the catalog because they are too transparent, we can no longer make thin legs???

4 Likes

chat we can not make thin legs

2 Likes

here is another example of the validation failing, this clearly doesnt make sense because we can clearly see that there are in fact legs on this avatar. This rule may be very strict to the point where it will prevent majority of uploads that have relatively thin legs like mine. My current avatar im attempting to upload has the same proportions as another that ive uploaded in the past. I think this new validation should be reversed. I imagine this has been added to prevent people from making korblox legs, surely you can jus check if leg looks the same as korblox no?

3 Likes

Here is an example that does work after making those adjustments, this is how thick I had to make the legs. This is clearly an issue. Like im 100% certain this is gonna prevent actual humans from being uploaded to the catalog, im using rthro proportions.

3 Likes

There has been a development wow. So my avatar (same avatar) can no longer be uploaded for another validation reason which happens to be the arms, so between the previous post till now, the validation has become even more strict. This is not a bug but a decision that has been made which needs to be reversed, because its preventing not jus this item but many more from other creators attempting to upload. Essentially what has happened is that roblox has already made it increasingly difficult to upload avatars, this is only making it harder for new users whilst also reducing creativity on the platform

4 Likes

It’s genuinely so saddening that something like this would even happen just because of bundles like these
Or any type of bundles that purposefully exploit the leg bounds.

Like honestly with the bounds being extremely broken and just overly strict, it makes me not even want to try bundles with thinner or more rthro proportions in general let alone bundles as a whole just because of changes like these that just ruin it for everyone else. I havent experienced this myself personally yet as i havent made a bundle w/ thinner legs but seeing how its effect you and some others i definitely want this to get reversed

6 Likes

Update: this doesn’t just happen to the legs, it also happens to the arms. NORMAL ARMS.

We appreciate all of you technicians that are trying to fix the validation checker to stop some creators from getting an unfair advantage over others with items such as headless, korblox, etc.

However, this is getting a bit ridiculous. An update to the validation checker should not cause 99.9% of regular items to not be eligible to be published. I just thought my bundle update was having some issues, and when I tried it with the bundle I got up on the catalog a few days ago, it had the same errors! Are these things even being tested before being thrown into production?

2 Likes

That is clearly not game breaking thin. This new validation must be lifted and roblox needs to find better ways to protect their own IP, someone made korblox legs and now we all suffer because roblox solution is to ruin avatars even more

4 Likes

What I’ve also noticed is that the limb that gets the error isn’t even within the frame itself when a thumbnail of it gets snapped. I don’t know if this happens randomly (cause in this case, the arm I sent an image of can be seen in all 360 degrees), but it’s definitely a code issue.

Please, revert this. A lot of us have plenty of content to upload and we’re unable to do so cause of the bugs.

3 Likes

My bundle I am creating is basically impossible to finish now.
[From what I’ve seen the only fix is scaling up the leg but I cant fix the error if scaling up then provides the error of it being larger than the max allowed bounding size. This basically makes the error unfixable on my bundle]

3 Likes

Other creators who rely on making bundles have to alter their existing bundles, regular bundles that have fully-visible limbs and aren’t trying to replicate Roblox’s most favorite heads/limbs, significantly (to the point where they’re severely different from the initial concept) to put them on the catalog page.

My bundle consists of regular looking arms that aren’t anything “alarming”. I want to make accessories that can universally work on my bundles, and if I change anything up, it’s just not going to work. I’m not falling in line with the rest over adapting to the new bundle validator when my asset is looking totally normal to be submitted through.

@CalGamesDev @Focia19 We need clarification and transparency on what the next steps are. We’re not asking for the technicians to “revert” the update in an instant, but we just want to know how long we’ll have to wait for changes to take effect for this. It’s been 12 days since the initial report from Blizzei, and so many bundles are waiting aside cause of this.

2 Likes

I wanted to add onto this post that my bundles legs are already pretty thick in my opinion.

The arms passed validation but I guess the legs are too transparent somehow? While my older bundle:

This was fine and allowed 2 months ago.

4 Likes

Hi, i get the same issue too! the exact same model is now getting error “Leftarm” “Rightarm” is too transparent!