Right to Erasure - Action Requested

Hey, so I recently got this message and I’m a little confused on how to deal with this. So obviously this is my first time getting one of these so is there anyway someone can let me know the answers to the following questions?

1. How long do I have until this becomes a problem, and what will happen if I do nothing?
  2. If I take down the game (remove public access) will this go away?
  3. How exactly am I meant to deal with this?
1 Like
  1. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
  2. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
  3. Basically, you just have to delete any datastores pertaining to the UserId provided, or anything that can be used to identify them. There are a few data store plugins available that let you easily access, modify and remove datastores, and I suggest that you get one to deal with this situation
1 Like
  1. Some ppl say you should do it within 30 days. But I heard of ppl that never did anything and ignored that for “months/years”… so yeah…

2. Supposedly taking down the public access could help, but not really cause you still having player’s data in the database.

3. @PoppyandNeivaarecute is totally right, use a plugin or if you know how you handled the datastores in your game then its pretty simple to delete the data. Its just removing any data related with that ID

1 Like

If I remove it using the datastore editor plugin will this erase everything to do with the player? I’m asking because I won’t know if everything was removed or not. Also thank you for answering!

1 Like

I think so, I never used a datastore editor plugin. But if you can search for the UserId in all the datastores in your game and delete that entry, then yes

1 Like

I followed a tutorial and used the same plugin as them, it says the user ID provided in the message doesn’t have any data. Am I okay to just ignore the message if the data was never there?

If your game didn’t always have saving, it may not have a save to delete. If that is the case, then you can just ignore it I guess.

Ensure that you are using the right key in the datastore though

1 Like

I mean I looked through all data stores and the ID was nowhere, so I think I am okay to ignore for now. I’m going to ask one of my developer friends about it however. <3

What are the all the datastore saving keys that you have in your game? I can quickly write a function to remove them easier. (have UserId somewhere in the key name)

It’s a good thing that these are requests and not requirements.

Regardless whether it is required or not, I’m certain that developers are too busy to manually remove these everyday. Until Roblox releases an API that lets us automate this task, most developers are going to ignore the requests.

2 Likes

I agree these could be taken as requests and not requirements.

But, sometimes I’m pretty busy and when I receive that request it takes a few seconds to delete entire data from a player from all datastores, I don’t think there’s a chance to be “too busy” for not being able to handle this, specially if it takes seconds, by using one command line inside a well structured datastore system

I believe that they have setup a way for you to direct the request to a webhook, which you can then use to automate the process using the Cloud APIs

This topic was automatically closed 14 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.