Right-to-left Text Support

This is extremely useful, especially for doing genre languages and stuff like that. Making me consider duolingo on roblox lol…. Anywho, appreciate it, as I remember talking about this in a topic a bit ago. : )

11 Likes

What would be really cool if they can make an auto translate feature, that would be REALLY helpful

4 Likes

Hi @Dev0mar , thank you for your feedback! We will investigate the issue soon.

3 Likes

Hi @Dede_4242 , thank you for your feedback and your valuable request. Providing an option to manually toggle the text direction is a great idea that we should consider.

6 Likes

شكرا على التحديث الحلو
Thanks for the sweet update

8 Likes

Thank you for huge update!
Anyway, there are a lot of bugs with that. As an example:

Language: Hebrew

Example 1:
The way it should be:
Good Order

However, adding an exclamation mark to the word “עולם” reverses the order.
Bad Order

Example 2:
This is a case of reversed numbers.

14 Likes

THANK YOU SO MUCH for this huge update i swear i been waiting this for over 5 years

5 Likes

this is so useful!! thanks roblox!

3 Likes

Thanks for the great update, we hope in the future to see fonts that support Arabic language, currently there are only two fonts that support Arabic

8 Likes

What about in game chat? is it included?

4 Likes

I really appreciate this update but will this fix also apply to Roblox? As loading screen and
Roblox App.

The text should be like this: الصيد البري [جديد]

10 Likes

Hi @8xD4n , thanks for reporting the issue! Just to make sure of the expected result - For the first one, should the exclamation mark be added to the end of second line like this?

For the second one, could you please provide the expected direction and format of the numbers please?
Thank you!

2 Likes

This should be written in exclamation case:
Exclamation Case
Note: this also happens with other symbols besides exclamations. The use of @, #, &, and so on…

In the case of reversed numbers, this should be written:

2 Likes

Hi @mharrb , thanks for your feedback! Yes, this change will also apply to Roblox as long as you have enabled the property RtlTextSupport for your experience. However, currently due to the property loading time for the loading screen, the title may need some time to refresh and display in a correct direction. When we finally enable this feature for all experiences (which means the RtlTextSupport property will finally get removed from the StarterGuiService), the loading screen will display correct text from the very beginning.

2 Likes

@8xD4n , thanks for your explanation! We will create internal tickets for these issues and look into them shortly.

1 Like

Hi @xxibadrxx , as I just tested in Studio, the in-game chat should also work. Please feel free to try enabling the property and check it out!

2 Likes

Hi @M0ha33d , thanks for your feedback! We will keep working on more fonts for Arabic language!

2 Likes

Omg
AINT NO WAY I CAN NOW TYPE WITHOUT SUFFERING FROM IMAGING THE SENTENCE IN REVERSE?

2 Likes

Hold up does it work on the chat tol?

2 Likes

This is very useful for arabic developers, translaters , THANK YOU FOR THAT UPDATE!! i hope you make update fix the loading arabic screen :smile:

2 Likes