Right-to-left Text Support

Hi @M0ha33d , thanks for your feedback! We will keep working on more fonts for Arabic language!

2 Likes

Omg
AINT NO WAY I CAN NOW TYPE WITHOUT SUFFERING FROM IMAGING THE SENTENCE IN REVERSE?

2 Likes

Hold up does it work on the chat tol?

2 Likes

This is very useful for arabic developers, translaters , THANK YOU FOR THAT UPDATE!! i hope you make update fix the loading arabic screen :smile:

2 Likes

Hi @mhmdsndb3 , I believe it should work, as long as the experience has the property enabled correctly (or, in the future the property will be enabled by default). Please let us know if this doesnโ€™t work for chat.

2 Likes

thatโ€™s already a feature built into the escape menu

2 Likes

That is great! But why not make it activated automatically just like how other languages works?

1 Like

Hi @xxibadrxx , we will eventually make this activated automatically for RTL languages. We introduced this property for this time being just in case there are experiences that already pre-fixed the RTL text direction and we didnโ€™t want to break these experiences. Please stay tuned and we will give another update when this feature gets fully released.

2 Likes

Good to hear this coming to Roblox. Inclusivity to all languages is always a good thing.

2 Likes

wow this update will make roblox accessible to a lot of other regional people โ€ฆ like mine region is asia where i speak urdu ( you know as a daily language)

2 Likes

Iโ€™m experiencing a issue with this feature: Right To Left Text does not work on BillboardGuis in workspace

1 Like

Finally, this is great, I can finally write in arabic without having to use the font Arial, and if I write english and arabic, I donโ€™t need to do like this anymore when using rich text :slight_smile:

My Name <font family="Arial">ุฃู†ุง ุงุณู…ูŠ</font>

before, it would be like ุงุณู…ูŠ ุงู†ุง, but now itโ€™s ุฃู†ุง ุงุณู…ูŠ

3 Likes

Hi @Dede_4242 , as we are reviewing the option to add a toggle for TextDirection for RTL text, do you think you could provide some examples where people would want to keep the paragraph in LTR even if it starts with an Arabic word? This will help us complete the feature correctly and efficiently. Thank you!

3 Likes

Like in:
โ€œ(Arabic word) meansโ€
For example, or
โ€œ(Arabic word) the best restaurant in the worldโ€
For a restaurant in Arabia
Those are just a few examples tho, ask me if you need more

5 Likes

There is another issue with the right-to-left (RTL) update in the Hebrew language. When typing a long sentence that spans multiple lines, if a symbol such as ?!@#<" or any other symbol is placed at the end of the sentence, the order of the lines is reversed. This reversal probably occurs because the system mistakenly interprets the text as left-to-right instead of the correct right-to-left orientation.

Hereโ€™s an illustrative example to further clarify the issue. When typing a sentence without any symbols at the end, the text is displayed correctly in the following order:

ื”ื™ื™ ืจืง ืจืฆื™ืชื™ ืœื”ื’ื™ื“
ืฉืœื•ื ืœื›ื•ืœื

However, when a symbol like ! is added at the end, the lines are mistakenly rearranged as follows:

!ืฉืœื•ื ืœื›ื•ืœื
ื”ื™ื™ ืจืง ืจืฆื™ืชื™ ืœื”ื’ื™ื“

Hi @lliliililililillliii , thanks for reporting this issue and adding to this feature! I suppose this issue is a duplicate to Right-to-left Text Support - #10 by 8xD4n. And we are working on a fix for this and hopefully it can be deployed soon. Please let me know if this is a different issue or if you notice any other issues. Thank you!

1 Like

And more issue , when someone type โ€œ:wave: ืฉืœื•ืโ€ so that doing โ€œืฉืœื•ื :wave:โ€ like emoji back and not after words

Hi @Myoffice129 , just to make sure I understand it correctly - When you say you would like the emoji to be back and not after words, does it mean that you expect this to be on the left to the words or right? The paragraph direction changes depending on the first character of the paragraph so with the current behavior, ืฉืœื•ื will probably have the emoji displayed on the left side(If the emoji is typed afterwards) since the whole paragraph will be right-to-left.

2 Likes

Hello CharlieGordonn!,

Like that doing โ€œืฉืœื•ื :wave:โ€ not โ€œ :wave: ืฉืœื•ืโ€

Ill explain, if you where to put a symbol at the start of the sentance for exanple you wanted to say 4 apples in the basket, in hebrew you would say:
ืชืคื•ื—ื™ื ื‘ืชื•ืš ื”ืกืœ c 4
(Ignore the letter c because the issue is also on the dev forum for some reason but the number is the first character basically)
But in roblox the number goes all the way to the end of the sentance instead, so it would look like this:
ืชืคื•ื—ื™ื ื‘ืชื•ืš ื”ืกืœ 4
This issuss accurs with anything from numbers to emojis and such symbols.

2 Likes