RigidityEnabled breaking AlignPosition

As title says: I am using an AlignPosition object to hold a part to another part. It works fine unless I toggle RigityEnabled on the AlignPosition, which causes it to freak out and fly out of bounds and get destroyed.

This only happens if I set RigidityEnabled prior to/immediately after setting the Attachment0/1 properties. If i leave RigidityEnabled false when attaching it, then enable it through the server explorer during run-time, there’s no issues. (also if i add a delay of 1 second to set RigidityEnabled to true, there’s no issues)

If it helps, this is the model that’s being moved with AlignPosition:
“Other” is Massless = true. Nothing is anchored nor has collision enabled.

The part it is being attached to is parented to an Accessory which is equipped by the Humanoid - Could this be where the issue lies? edit: i changed the main part to a part which is manually welded rather than using accessory & the issue persists.

edit: I’ve tried changing the AlignPosition to a HingeConstraint and a similar issue is occurring: the HingeConstraint does not hold it in position but rather just falls infinitely until it gets destroyed.

Any help is appreciated.

1 Like

Partially solved by parenting the attaching-part inside of the Character, rather than workspace. Apparently some real funky stuff happens when trying to use constraints (inclusive of WeldConstraint, HingeConstraint, ManualWeld, AlignPosition) with the character & another object in workspace directly after the character is loaded into the game, even with ensuring the character is parented to workspace.

This is true whether or not you are creating the Constraint at runtime via script or manually instantiating it in edit mode.

This is a shame because when a BasePart is parented inside of the character, it is not visible when zoomed into the first person camera. (unless it’s a tool) :frowning:

2 Likes