Rig/Posing In Studio Help

I pose my avatars for GFXs in studio. However, as all of you know, this makes it look a little unreal and not as nice as other professional GFXs (not smooth, parts sticking out in some poses, etc). To make it look better, could I create my OWN rig with rounded smooth edges instead of the default R15 rig? If I name the body parts correctly, would the clothes still be applied to the body?

Example With Default R15 Rig

See the part sticking out?
Screenshot 2020-10-11 150550

There are plenty of free rigs online. Also, if you are using Blender you would have to export the texture separately.

1 Like

I don’t use Blender, but there are free rigs like this?

You should try to use Blender. It can make some pretty impressive results. And yes there are rigs such as this:

Though this is a R6 rig, you can find R15 rigs by doing a quick search on YouTube. By using one of these rigs you can pose inside of Blender instead of studio.

The type of rig I’m trying to replicate in Studio is like this one:
(The whole image was made by @JuusesGFX, and it looks awesome)

I can’t use Blender (other reasons) so that’s why I’m trying to do this. I can tell the rig is R6, but is there a way in Studio where I can bend the limbs of an R6 avatar?

1 Like

Also lol, I just thought of stretching cylinders and putting them in between limb disconnections, but would it work?

You could try to contact him, but I can almost guarantee that he is using a rig. To get a similar result you could try using an R15 rig. Though it won’t turn out the same as his. Also, I think you’re rotating the limbs wrong.

1 Like

It might work. I still think R15 is your best bet though.

1 Like

Yea, I’m thinking of just using an R15 and deleting the hand & feet parts and deleting the Lower Torso and extending the Upper Torso.

The R15 look doesn’t look too bad. Plus if you are really good at editing what rig you are using doesn’t really matter.

1 Like

This is not a R6 rig. It’s a PaintRigV3 rig.
And, it cannot be used in studio, only Blender or a different 3d modeling software. Your best bet is to use Moon Animation Suite, and r15. Or, you can create your own rig, but that’d be a pretty difficult thing to do. What is your reasoning behind your inability to use blender?

It is an R6 rig. There are certain types of rigs on Blender some that are R6 rigs, and others that are R15. R6 rigs are more popular.