Ro-Placement Plugin

What is Ro-Placement?

Ro-Placement is a plugin that allows you to place any model with just a click. You can select a model and then just simply click to duplicate it. This plugin was made primarily for map builders, although it can be used for a wide variety of things. Lets say you have a tree that you want to place around the map. Normally, you would duplicate, drag, and then position the tree manually. This plugin does all of that with just one click.

Screen Shot 2020-10-29 at 18.34.57

Side note

This is my first ever plugin. From my research, I havenā€™t found a plugin that does what Ro-Placement does. I could be wrong though.

How to use

First of all, get your model. For this example, I will be using a free model tree.

Screen Shot 2020-10-29 at 18.39.14

Now, I made this system so that you can decide how deep you want your tree to be in the ground. For this, insert a part and put it in the model. This will be a representation of how deep you want your tree to go into the ground.

Screen Shot 2020-10-29 at 18.44.37

As you can see that will be out representation of the ground. Now make sure that part is inside the model, and set the PrimaryPart of the model to your representational part. Set the Transparency to 1 and CanCollide to false so nobody will be able to see it. Anchor it as well.

When you have completed the steps above, your model is ready.

You want the select your model.
Screen Shot 2020-10-29 at 18.48.21

Then open the plugin and click the ā€˜Set Selected Objectā€™ button. This will set the object that you want to place.
Screen Shot 2020-10-29 at 18.49.49

Now you are finished with setting up your model. Now, lets take a look at some settings.

There are currently 2 settings. Rotate and DeleteBase.

What rotate does

So as you might know, when you are making a map, you want your trees/rocks/plants to be rotated randomly to give it a natural effect. This can be done with the ā€˜Rotateā€™ setting. When its on, the model will rotate a randomly to add realism to your map. Here are some examples:

With rotate
Screen Shot 2020-10-29 at 18.57.14

Without rotate
Screen Shot 2020-10-29 at 18.57.52

What delete base part does

Delete base part deletes the part that you used as a representative of the ground. This just deletes unnecessary parts and makes your game smoother.
Now you know how to use the plugin. Play around with it to see what you like most.

Like I said, this is my first ever plugin, so it wont be the best of quality. If you find any bugs, please let me know. If you canā€™t place anything, try enabling and disabling the plugin. If you find that you canā€™t get something to work, contact me on discord: ValuedSource#2481

You can get the Ro-Placement plugin here: Ro-Placement - Roblox

Thank you for reading and have a wonderful day.

17 Likes

how do I know this doesnā€™t have a virus?

I mean you can just check the source of the plugin.

8 Likes

The script is open source. You can just view everything inside the plugin.

8 Likes

Because no one in their right mind would post a virus plugin on the dev forum. They would be banned immediately.

13 Likes

This is essentially my recent plugin. People can get more features here. I hope you didnā€™t just copy it.

1 Like

Our plugins are completely different. I see that your plugin places lots of trees around the map automatically. For mine, you need to click to place an object (not only trees). My plugin has nothing to do with generating parts across a large area. It is just a simpler way to place objects.

8 Likes

Clearly these plugins are completely different. Your plugin is for trees only, this plugin can be for any model at all.

Donā€™t be rude, he did not copy your plugin.
By the ā€œmore featuresā€ thing, itā€™s because this plugin is probably not finished yet.

More features will probably come out in the future.

6 Likes

Even though I doubt Iā€™ll ever use it, Iā€™ve downloaded it anyways. For your first plugin itā€™s good, my first plugin doesnā€™t even have a graphical user interface and just instead a ton of toolbar buttons (havenā€™t made a DevForum post about it as the icons arenā€™t done for the UI).

2 Likes

I think you got that wrong there, BetterRoblox opens up that menu so technically no itā€™s not open source, if it was open source then you should open a GitHub repo for it.

2 Likes

Oh yea totally forgot itā€™s a BetterRoblox feature. :face_with_hand_over_mouth:

2 Likes

If you want to setup a GitHub repo, I suggest you make the repo at Sign in to GitHub Ā· GitHub and then get GitHub Desktop and copy the repo to your PC.

3 Likes

I have downloaded the source of this plugin if itā€™s fine just to help me know how to script UI in a plugin as my own plugin. (meant to be as a pro version update but i canā€™t charge for a plugin)

1 Like

Not copying at all, the UI is much different. image

The plugin you shared though looks good.

2 Likes

I was refering to Cyafu when I said that though.

1 Like

Oh sorry, didnā€™t realise you were replying to that post :smiley:

Believe you can view a video of @Cyafuā€™s plugin @Retrixy here:

2 Likes

Someone has already made this: Brushtool 2.1 - Roblox
They have a click placement feature and a brush which you can basically paint objects onto the game with. Thank you for releasing this though; itā€™s more simple and easier to use than the other one.

1 Like

Donā€™t know how to yet position the UI but I can confirm just from using a bit of the Script for the UI as you stated itā€™s open source even though itā€™s not really because you used the BetterRoblox plugin to show the code but I now have a working GUI system. Iā€™ll want to eventually learn how to turn it on and off but this looks like a great start for me and my plugin! The button managed to disable the chat which is what I wanted it to do here!

2 Likes

Great plugin mate! Helps out a lot! :+1:

1 Like