Road Sign Pack (V2)

Road Sign Pack (formerly Highway Sign Pack)

by TheRobloxGamer15782

Hello, this is my very first Community pack, and it is about road signs.

Please note that the pack is still getting updated and things will change over time.

Chapter 1 - Copyright (or copyleft)

Starting with Version 2, I decided to make the whole pack copyleft. You can do those following things:
  • Share and distribute
  • Use it for literally anything
  • Include it in tutorials

If you include it in a game, you may credit me with this text below:

Get the Highway Sign pack by TheRobloxGamer15782 here: Road Sign Pack V2 - Roblox

Chapter 2 - RESOURCES

Before you continue, you need to get these things here:

My Pack:

MUTCD: https://mutcd.fhwa.dot.gov/pdfs/2009r1r2/mutcd2009r1r2edition.pdf
SHSM: https://mutcd.fhwa.dot.gov/SHSe/shs_2004_2012_sup.pdf
Btools by F3X: Building Tools by F3X (Plugin) - Roblox
Object Gizmo (Optional): Object Gizmo - Roblox
Text Editor: Text Editor - Roblox

Note: Building Tools by F3X has a issue where you wont see the handles, to fix this issue, go to Workspace, scroll down until you see SignalBehavior and change it to “Immediate”

if you create a city game which is based off a city in a US state, please get the MUTCD supplement for the state. Examples are:

Game name| MUTCD| Reason

City of Sacramento, California | CAMUTCD | because this game is based off the City of Sacramento

Chicago RP| Illonios Supplement| This game is based off Chicago which is in Illonois.

Atlanta, Georgia| Default MUTCD| this is a game based off Atlanta which is based in Georgia.

If you dont know, which US State the national MUTCD, an supplement or its own MUTCD has, please look here: Manual on Uniform Traffic Control Devices - Wikipedia

Chapter 3 - Getting Started

Lets see what is included:

Group 1 (6)

1. Highway Signs with square borders (All highway signs are 6 studs long and wide
  2. Highway Signs with rounded borders
  3. Arrow Per Lane arrows
  4. Normal arrows
  5. No Trucks Sign
  6. Normal text signs (If the text is too blurry, Open the sign, go to SurfaceGUI, then scoll down until you see PixelsPerStud and increase it by a bit, but note that making the number too large makes the text small.)
  7. Text Signs with a high PixelsPerStud number + RichText enabled

The next chapter is customizing the sign, and placing the sign on the Gantry, you may also place the sign on the gantry first, then customize it

Chapter 3 - Customizing

Okay, lets get to the actual fun part, which is customizing. I assume you already ungrouped the pack and placed the sign somewhere where you can customize it without any issues. So lets get started:

I will show you how to make a road sign which is an EXIT ONLY lane and goes to Weston Road on Highway 1 which has an Exit number of 47 A

First off, get the green sign and a yellow one and place it somewhere where it doesnt annoy me. It looks like this:
RobloxStudioBeta_gji1BMwUzp

And resize it

Then we make the yellow panel smaller, put the yellow panel ontop of the other panel and move it 0.1 stud inside the sign. Note that you have to use the default Move tool in Roblox Studio (Also make sure that you have Dragger QoL Improvments disabled in the Beta Features to make the smaller sign move in a grid, and also any text or objects ontop of the sign will also move in a grid if you have this disabled.), like this:

RobloxStudioBeta_9VDhlmOt2q

Then we scale the smaller yellow sign to fit the bigger sign’s width
RobloxStudioBeta_dSqxSJ0EvH

To make the “EXIT ONLY” text, you need to make the “EXIT” sign part alligned to the right, while the “ONLY” must be alligned to the left.

RobloxStudioBeta_wos4f0U4gu

And a few minutes later with moving text, scaling stuff, looking at the MUTCD on how much the sign text has to be spaced out and more, you are pretty much done:
RobloxStudioBeta_lwshHxrADd
Now tell me, doesnt this look pretty good?

Just for info, those parts with the blue outline are the text parts.

Chapter 4 - Putting it on a Gantry

Okay, you're done making the sign, and ready to put it on a gantry, but how? It is quite simple, either you create your own gantry, which i always do by placing a part which is 2x2 studs, scaling it to 32 studs, then dulplicating the part and then putting the other part at the end of the first part:

RobloxStudioBeta_oidhLwCSGL

And then you can pretty much put your sign on the gantry
RobloxStudioBeta_06yKbpX3Lo

So that is basically all i have to show you what my pack can do, it is quite cool for city and highway racing games. So if you are planning to make a city game, dont forget to add my pack inside for more realistic road signs.

33 Likes

Hey this is a cool model for a city game

Can you put a summary so I dont have to take 30 minutes to read the topic

3 Likes

really cool and detailed. great if you want to make an “ultra realistic” or as close as roblox lets you,\ game. I do think its a bit excessive over using a part with a decal… but very cool. Great documentation also!

1 Like

I just released 1.2.1

It changes only one thing. Signs in Folders are now in Models.

RobloxStudioBeta_KYaOOA1vkk

It is much simpler to ungroup these models than ungrouping them in folders.

Very cool! I can see this being used alot!

1 Like

Also, if the “ONLY” at the “EXIT ONLY” panel looks weird, I recommend to move the “ONLY” text sign about 0.3 or 0.4 studs to the right.

you can fix this by using 9Slice. UI 9-Slice Design

1 Like

9Slice doesnt work with this here because the highway signs are meshes.

Version 1.2.2 just got released
I just fixed the Arrow per Lane arrows. (The straight and the left/right arrows.)

You also can make California styled signs.

When you want to create one, here are some things that make it look better

1.The exit number sign is inside the highway sign panel. You need to remove the outer panel in the exit number panel, it is mostly named “Part” or “Rounded_Square”
RobloxStudioBeta_Wn6t1JcpvW

RobloxStudioBeta_HDzZJOKJTj

The blue thing should be outside of the exit panel
RobloxStudioBeta_mFa3TP1jEd

1. The arrow on normal signs are mostly rotated 30° instead of 45°

2. The “EXIT ONLY” panel is mostly darker than the normal yellow.

Cool, but should probably go in #resources:community-tutorials

I really appreciate my hometown Sac on here.

1 Like

Also if anyone needs colors other than green, white and yellow, here are the color codes taken from the FHWA website, and converted into RGB colors. Just copy and paste, the border color is also getting shown down below

Brown - 105,63,35 | Border color: White
Blue - 0,47,108 | Border color: White
Purple - 109,32,119 | Border color: White
Red - 166,25,46 | Border color: White
Orange - 229,114,0 | Border color: Black
Yellow Green - 196,214,0 | Border color: Black
Pink - 223,70,97 | Border color: Black

Border color Black is: 0,0,0
Border color White is: 255,255,255

I also released two panels for signs that have smaller borders:
For guide signs: https://create.roblox.com/marketplace/asset/11474204404/Highway-sign-that-has-smaller-white-borders
For EXIT ONLY signs:https://create.roblox.com/marketplace/asset/11474261923/New-Highway-sign-with-smaller-borders-yellow
For other colors, read the comment above me.

1 Like

I have now released Version 1.2.4 which has some new changes and fixes.

Changes:

• The entire layout has been changed to be more compact (so that it wouldnt take up too much space)
  • Removed the “NIGHT” speed limit signs.
  • Added the new smaller border road signs into the pack itself (So that you dont have to use the link down below)

Fixes:

• Changed the default size of the text

PS:I will be reworking on the old road signs with the huge border soon and replace them with the newer ones which have smaller borders, and will also rewrite the entire page due to outdated content probably somewhere in late November or early December

VERSION 2 RELEASED!!!

Today, December 2nd 2023, I released Version 2 of the Highway Sign Pack. Here are some of the changes:

1. New Name - I changed the name from “Highway Sign Pack” to “Road Sign Pack” because this pack can be used to create all sorts of road signs in general.

2. New Road sign shapes and colors - Now there is a squared edges and a rounded edges variant, included with all the colors there is

3. New Documentation, alltough lesser detailed - Basically a very basic documentation

4. Licensing Changes - Changed from copyright from Version 1.2.3 to copyleft but crediting required in Version 1.2.4 to Copyleft in V2 without any credits required.

5. New text signs with RichText and a huge PixelsPerStud amount - You dont have to change the values everytime you want to change the text anymore

6. New sign variant - I also changed all the signs to the newer ones with smaller borders

So in short, this is a complete overhaul of the pack.

Love this! Everything is accurate to real life, and it’s really customizable. Really nice job!

1 Like