RoBlend | Real time mesh editing and polygon drawing of complex shapes

roblox_dev-animated

RoBlend is a real time mesh editing plugin, And a concave and convex polygon drawer and capable of doing really and i mean REALLY complex shapes

Why use RoBlend, we use a complex Vertice management algorithm, which minimizes vertices while keeping the mesh nice and smooth, It can turn 5K Vertices to 500 depending on how there placed

RoBlend for mesh editing allows manipulating of Vertices and the Color and Transparency of such vertices, Not only does this plugin help builders and modelers out Without going to blender to manipulate meshes and such, It is capable of turning ANY mesh to roblox wedges, as seen below.

And coming back to the polygon drawing topic, to show how complex of shapes it can draw, you are able to see it below

Learning to use RoBlend

You can either continue reading or head on to the Youtube tutorial
RoBlend | Tutorial (youtube.com)

Mesh Blending

Starting off to open this menu, go to your plugins tab and click the Mesh Blending Button

After that you will see this menu

Select any MeshPart or Editable Mesh and the Continue Button will light up

If the continue button does not light up make sure your not selecting a model or more then 1 thing

After pressing continue, Your meshpart or editable mesh will be covered in vertices/parts like this

Textures from meshpart may look werid, and also sometimes the editable mesh just destroys for some reason, These are all roblox bugs there is nothing i can do about it

After all the vertices are there you are able to drag them around, by clicking and moving it with the move tool or just dragging it, If you wanna change the Color and Transparency just scroll down on the properties of the Vertice/Part and go to the attributes and you will see VertexAlpha and VertexColor, You can change those how you want

The alpha of the vertice is not the actual transparency of it (According to what i have seen it only changes the materials transparency, Correct me if im wrong)

Whenever u click on a Vertice you'll see the properties update on the RoBlend widget

You cant change any of them there the Position is just the position of the vertice and the Color and Transparency are the attributes seen on each vertice

You can delete the Vertice by clicked the Remove Vert 731 value or just straight up destroying the Vertice Part

Any triangles connecting the vertice will be destroyed

Now we know how to edit the meshes how do we save them

As seen above, there is 4 buttons Back, Download, Save, To Csg. I will explain how they all work

Back

You will just return to the Main menu to select a save file or edit another mesh, Nothing will save

Download

This will download the edited mesh file to your computer where u can send it to your friends

Save name is currently not supported, will be in later updates (Recommended to just save it and then save the module script as a file)

Save

This will save the edited mesh file to ServerStorage called RoBlend_Save_Files, you can edit it later on if you want, It will ask you for a save name

To Csg

This will convert you edited mesh to roblox wedges

Good for viewing edited meshes in-game published, complex and huge meshes will lag

Now you know RoBlend Mesh Blending, lets draw some Polygons

Polygon Drawer

Starting off go to your plugins tab and click Polygon Drawer as seen below

Then you will see this menu

When you drag your cursor around you will see a red part, Now just click your mouse and it will place a orange part, and draw a shape, If you placed a node in a bad spot just press Remove Last Node, And once your done press Finish, It will close the menu then draw your polygon

Conclusion

RoBlend cost $4.99, Way cheaper for what it should’ve been as i spended about a month working on this

It is capable of doing what Shapify do for really cheap

Things i wanna add in the future

1. Raw OBJ Importing
  2. Raw FBX Importing
  3. Download Save Names
  4. Making textures load on saved files
  5. Encoding the file to allow bigger mesh files and smaller file sizes
  6. And more mesh editing options
  7. Making it so u can adjust the size on the Y-axis for the polygon drawer
  8. And so much more

But on a real note, I would really appreciate anyone who would purchase this, I spent a lot of time on it, of course there's gonna be bugs, But thanks for reading all of this.
Opinion on RoBlend
  • Im am going to buy it
  • I might buy it
  • It looks cool, but i dont need it
  • It looks bad
  • Horrible

0 voters

Expect alot of bugs throughout RoBlend
Anyone who bought RoBlend, if you request features i will 100% add them
7 Likes

I also had this issue while making my plugin that can also edit meshes, i’m glad it’s a roblox bug and not me doing something wrong!

2 Likes

Im so happy to hear that, i was actually having a heart attack when recording the youtube video cause it kept deleting

1 Like

Sorry about resetting the poll i wanna show who voted it

1 Like

very interesting plugin. Glad to see another tool to help developers. I am surprised you actually made it, I have heard many people talk about making my plugin but none seem to have delivered, until now although its different to mine. All it took was from this reply till the early August (58 days)

Just out of curiosity did you end up using my polygon to triangle resource? as you mentioned making that aspect in 1 day.

Hello pixelbypix i really appreciate that you appreciate mine, ive been working on Terrain Generation of the whole world for the past month for my flight simulator, Thats why it took me so long to make it, i did use a modified version of your polygon to triangles and also im using that for my game too so i really appreciate that, i have bought your plugin to support you, Thanks

1 Like

I could have gotten this done in a week

interesting, cause later after making that post I found it didn’t work. so I rewrote the entire thing from scratch without using chatGPT, and finally got it to work, guess that wasn’t required.

I agree for a simple version. Your plugin actually has some features I was planning on adding via editable meshes, although I thought that was still a beta feature? What took me the longest was finding out how I wanted the user to interacted with the plugin and what they are making and what’s the most efficient method todo so (basically add lots of polish).

The main problem with your polygon triangulation and why it was not working is that, When inputting nodes you have to input them in order if u dont it wont work

1 Like

So… this is just mesh editor but paid and with one extra feature taken from shapify?

Tbh, i have never got mesh editor to work the ui is just too much and nothing makes sense, i made roblender for a reason, I would have not made this if mesh editor was good (No hate)

Also i just learned, that Mesh Editor breaks everything that has editable mesh, it breaks RoBlend and i a have spent 5 hours troubleshooting in my game just for it to be mesh editor dont use Mesh Editor