Shapeify - 3D modeling plugin, for simple and complex shapes [Updated V1.1]

Want to quickly make models inside of studio, you are in luck. Today I am releasing Shapeify a 3D modeling plugin that works inside of Roblox Studio.

Tutorial: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zjRLd0F_oFA&ab_channel=PilotInTheHat

2024-06-13 20-11-20.mp4 [video-to-gif output image]

It works very simply, the user places nodes until they have created a 2D shape, next they extrude that shape into whatever they want

Use cases:

• Modeling Irregular shapes, (difficult to model with current tools inside studio)
  • Custom paths, you can make them more unique than using tools like Archimedes, as this plugin allows for variable widths
  • Small and detailed Objects
  • Accurately planning out scene, that can later be imported into blender
  • Custom signs and text
  • and many more

Plugin Page

23 Likes

I’ve been waiting forever for something like this! Ill totally try this out soon!

1 Like

ummm, is there a version that doesn’t cost money?

2 Likes

Current their is not, I acknowledge that not everybody can spend money on Roblox as such some would like to see a free or robux accessible copy. However, as a developer I have spent a lot of time making this plugin, and a motivator was money. Plus their are free alternatives such as blender, although it won’t be as fast as using this plugin.

15$ I think wouldn’t be that appropriate of a price, 5-10$ range would be better for your sales and for the community.

Also, while it is correct that this plugin makes the developers’ lives easier, alternative tools such as Blender give more power over to the user as they are far more advanced, comparing your plugin in these terms would be unfair.

It is a nice plugin though, definitely saves a lot of time, so good job!

1 Like

I did a poll on a previous post, for me max revenue was at $14.99, however the options were limited and the sample size was small. So I have adjusted the price to $12.99 as a result of your opinion. I agree that It isn’t entire fair to compare my plugin to blender, However for simple models they are equivalent tools (when wanting to achieve the same outcome), my plugin I believe is the faster and more convenient option.

1 Like

Great decision, while I would appreciate it being a tad bit lower like 10 or 11, if this works the best for you, then I’m alright with it. Once again, great plugin.

1 Like

You’re a life-saver! Thank you so much, well-worth the price in my opinion considering its extremely efficient and revolutionary use-case without reliance on blender. :grin:

Thank you for your contribution to the forum and I bid you good luck in your earnings with the plugin. :+1:

2 Likes

is this plugin using editable mesh?

no, it creates the parts directly using wedges. It could be a possibility in the future that it would use an editable mesh, but no promises.

Polygon to Triangles - Resources / Community Resources - Developer Forum | Roblox

It seems thats your charging 13 dollars for a open source polygon to triangle, pretty much there paying 13 bucks for a basic placement system no hate but thats expensive for that price

1 Like

the best part is how bro used chat GPT
image,
Remember to learn blender kids, its free and better than this tool!

1 Like

I literally took the source of his polygon to triangles that was free and used that to create this im not paying 13 dollars for a open source module

imma make a plugin like this but for free

3 Likes

Roblox devforum is truly a place where you can’t make real money because if you make something paid, someone will make an alternative that is just free.

The good side of this is that, well you can find anything for free.

I agree that in general blender is better. however, for simple models this plugin is faster as you can skip the steps of importing your model, which takes time. Which also gives it a value $.

13 dollars is, ~ 2 hours of minimum wage in the US, or < 1 hour of work where I live. The plugin isn’t a complete replacement for blender or other external 3d modeling software, It simply saves you time. For any professional time is money, and the couple hours it saves could be worth it for many.

1 Like

Updates for V1.1

• bug fixes relating to canvas size
  • bug fixes for scaling/extruding of model
  • bug fixes for text displacing distance
1 Like

I don’t understand why people are being hostile in this thread. This is a cool tool, and it makes this accessible to people who don’t know (or don’t want) to write code. That’s worth it to some people, and it isn’t to others. That’s fine.

Having reservations about price is fine, but you could also just… not buy the product. Not everyone needs to know your personal take.

6 Likes

Why not just to use the Blender? It’s totally free.

Roblox >:C

1 Like