RoBlindness - Experience Cone Fatigue In ROBLOX!

Hey developers, its ya boy Kep. I made a new thing today. So you ever stare directly into the sun or a bright light and get those oddly colored spots in your vision?

Simply put, I made that a thing.

Model is here:
RoBlindness.rbxm (7.0 KB)

Feel free to credit me, or don’t. I don’t really care. Anyways have fun staring into the sun like the moths you “people” claim not to be.

37 Likes

This made me start blinking so much because it felt like I just stared into the sun

15 Likes

Glad to hear it’s made 4 people including you start tweaking so far lol

4 Likes

I was actually thinking about a module like this a few days ago. But, your looking at yourself through a camera, and cameras don’t have this issue… :thinking:

It could still be used for first-person horror games though!

(edit): My retina burns look green. :fearful:

4 Likes

Shhhhhh… dont worry about the specifics. Also u can change the color by changing the Template object’s ImageColor. My retina burns are that exact shade or purple (I stared at my light for 20 seconds)

3 Likes

I also can see a sort of red and green. try adding those into the mix

2 Likes

Ah yes let’s make games so realistic they emulate your retina getting soldered.

5 Likes

“Why? FOR SCIENCE OF COURSE!!!”

This is a great resource I got a chuckle, now those games that want to be hyper realistic have a new thing to add!

I M M E R S I O N

1 Like

Exactly, I had to stare at the light for scientific purposes, and absolutely positively NOT because I am secretly a humanoid moth creature. Also it did help to get a sense of how fast the retina burn set in and how long it lasts

3 Likes

This is a pretty cool idea, It would be interesting if this could be generalized to work for something like a flashbang as well. Could you also provide it as a Roblox model? Anyways great work

1 Like

Oh yeah absolutely! You could use the same exact math, you’d just need to add in a very large spot. It would make flash bangs a lot more interesting instead of just white.

Very interesting! Works realistically!

Would annoy the crap outta VR Players lollll.

:joy:

I may use this someday, idk. :sweat_smile:

I would probably turn down the Intensity whenever I use it, just because it COULD annoy players if it is too extreme. :wink::+1:

Great module though! :saluting_face:

And this is where realism goes too far. These colorful spots are insufferable.

2 Likes

Honestly I don’t think it’s enough, this must work with every light source and bright UI elements

It’s never enough
It’s never enough
It’s never enough

2 Likes

I had suffered from Cone Fatigue a ton of times because I had looked at the sun a ton of times in lifetime [I do live in a country where heat are insufferable and most of the landmass is a desert, but it is known for two urban cities, and I live in one of them]. This resource is too realistic and perfectly defines as to what happens when you look at a bright part for a long time

2 Likes

I started blinking a few times because the one at the 8 second mark actually felt real :sob:

2 Likes