Roblox 64-bit player will not run on Windows 7

Sadly, this don’t applies to me. Roblox asks me to install KB4534310 and don’t run. (Also I don’t want upgrade OS to wind 10 bc I hate it’s style)

3 Likes

Just wondering, but why would you be unable to install a Windows update patch?

1 Like

Anyways,I will help those with good ol windows 7 with the update they did not install.

But here´s this update if you want to download,but keep in mind this is required or else you may not run it.

https://www.catalog.update.microsoft.com/ScopedViewInline.aspx?updateid=5512bdce-73de-49dd-bcdd-da0c2432d00e

(Roblox Admins,if you´re going to remove this link,then tell me and warn me.)

Basically, the patch always errors out as well as the prerequisites for it. So, there’s not much I can do.

I’ve never heard of this update pack before but I’ll give it a go.

Telementry and Microsoft bloatware, and not everyone can upgrade (perhaps perfomance issues, this would require new hardware)

3 Likes

Is this pack from a russian website named simplix or is it located somewhere else? I want to make sure I’m getting the exact same pack you used.

What about just using Windows Update to do it for you? If it can’t connect for some reason, maybe try out Legacy Update?

1 Like

I don’t really remember where I got it from, but I found a GitHub page in English about this thing: UpdatePack7R2 for updating Windows 7 SP1 and Server 2008 R2 SP1 · GitHub

When I run the application and click install it closes without any warning after a few seconds. Attempted running it as admin and it still didn’t work.

Regardless, I’ve figured out the problem with updating. My processor is apparently too good for the operating system to give me automatic updates. When using Windows Update, it tells me “Your PC uses a processor that is designed for the latest version of Windows. Because the processor is not supported together with the Windows version that you are currently using, your system will miss important security updates.”

This is quite strange though, as I’ve used this computer for so many years and updated it without any problems before. Microsoft really loves to break things.

Did you use it with any of the switches it mentions or did you just run it normally? I’m a bit worried about my drivers breaking or something similar.

No, I didn’t use any.

Roblox not longer starts on Windows 7, btw this is an updated one with all the updates installed.

7 Likes

After considering my options and looking at various sites, I have come to a solution.

I acquired several msu files from the Microsoft Update Catalog and made use of DISM to install the cab files within.

This process was fairly quick and did not cause any problems with my system. I am glad to finally report that Roblox does still run on Windows 7.
Please keep it that way.

Here are the ones I installed (in this order):

KB4474419
KB4490628
KB4536952
KB4534310

DISM Command (change the path):
dism /online /add-package /packagepath:"folder\name.cab"

I hope this will help those who find this thread while dealing with the same terrible problem.

11 Likes

This might be a problem on your end, because I have all of the latest Windows 7 updates aswell and Roblox works just fine.

Even if you don’t like the style I would very much recommend that you upgrade, windows 7/8/8.1 have reached their EOL and won’t be updating it (both content and security updates included). You have a much higher chance of getting infected, I perrsonally don’t think feel and workflow outweighs security but it’s up to you.

I’d rather them just revert back to the 32 bit and have exploiters, because at last I could actually play then.
What’s the point of all this if thousands of people can’t even use the game.
Why would they not test this before implementing this?

6 Likes

Installing that updates fixed issue with roblox player for 1 day, until today’s client update.
(also does someone knows what’s that support site is?)

3 Likes

Update from me: It’s fixed for me, because it was actually an gpu(NVIDIA) problem and had nothing to do with Windows 7 at all.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 14 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.