Roblox API 401 Authorization has been denied

Like I said, it IS a feature, take a close look at the link I provided in my very first message, and second of all, the email is a test, im not using it in my main script, its just a test to look if my cookie will go through (which is allowed)

And even if you want via Discord use noblox.js and fetch the public rover api service!

I don’t, I wanna use it in roblox

first of all using cookies is considered hacking for roblox alr? and

you have to do it from external source you just cant do it ok

Not sure how outdated it is btw.

Pretty outdated probably, but I’ll check it out thanks

Hey to get back to this tho, can you tell me where this is listed in the ToS (speaking of using your own .ROBLOSECURITY cookie and using it inside of roblox)

In article 203313380 (https://en.help.roblox.com/hc/en-us/articles/203313380), it states:

• Never Share Your Password or Cookies
    The most common way players lose their account is by sharing their login information directly with others or by filling out online surveys. If anyone asks for your login, do not give it to them and be sure to report them to our moderators using the Report Abuse feature. Also keep in mind that Roblox employees will never ask you for your password. It’s not just passwords though. Never give out your browser cookies, personal details, or sensitive computer information either. If someone tells you they know this awesome trick or hack and just need some particular information from you to get it to work, they are just trying to steal your account. One common trick are claims of getting a sweet prize or free Robux in exchange for account details. Any officially supported Roblox promotions will be announced through the blog , Notifications tab of your Messages section, or through a banner on the top of the site.

To elaborate, nobody should and can be able to access your account with your password or your cookies. Therefore, accessing a player’s email (considered personal information) with their cookie(s) is against the Terms of Service.

Hope this helps.
SpeakerDev

1 Like

Thanks for sharing the article! The thing I’m confused about is that this is my own personal cookie which I use completely by myself, I don’t see why experimenting with it (like printing my own email address, which is btw always encoded) would be seen as against the Terms of Service. Also there are lots of games which have an auto-rank game, collaborating with mostly an ‘alt-account’. All of those games require an access cookie, yet this is allowed.

My main purpose is the same thing, ranking people in a group. The email example was just a short script to see if my account’s cookie would work, and if so, to use it for other functions. Yet my problem here is that I’m getting the error provided above.

Thanks for looking it up for me though.

Why don’t you get the User’s ID instead of trying to get there email

Their email? This is my own account+cookie which im experimenting with, aiming to use it to change people’s rank. Read the post

Quotes

To everyone who is saying this isn’t possible you clearly don’t have experience using Roblox’s API. Roblox’s API only allows you in as to see the email of the user you are logged in as. If you visit the official documentation of Roblox’s API you will see that email is in fact supported
https://accountsettings.roblox.com/docs#/

To answer your question it looks like you are trying to access the Roblox API from a Roblox game. I’m pretty sure you aren’t allowed access the API from withing Roblox.

So consider using a website or proxy.

3 Likes

Thank you for making that clear, wish some people actually read things before replying. Anyways I’m using a Proxy, hence the ProxyService but somehow it goes wrong somewhere. I’m pretty sure I have a valid cookie, but whatever I try, it just returns the same error.

1 Like

images

Please rephrase your original post. “I’m trying to print my users e-mail” can be misinterpreted really easy. I did so myself, and had to read every single reply in this thread, just because of this phrasing.

“I’m trying to print my own roblox user’s e-mail” would be way better.

It’s really stunning that you couldn’t see that beforehand, and then calling others out for misinterprate your post, just because your way of explaining it wasn’t clear.

1 Like

What’s wrong about the phrase? I’m literally saying that I want to print my users email. It’s fine that people don’t know the roblox API, I’m just replying and explaining to them what I want to achieve. So I don’t really get where you’re aiming to.

Hi!

I posted above how your phrase can be misinterpretated. Have a nice day :slight_smile:

The only other thing I can recommend is trying a different proxy

1 Like

Yeah I’ll give it a look. Thank you!

1 Like