Roblox app crashes immediately after I open it

those seem correct.

now I’m really starting to run out of ideas?
when you click play on the website you get sent directly to the game or just to that webview app menu

When pressing play, I get the popup that says “Roblox is now loading. Get ready!”, then it changes to the download and install popup. I then see the Roblox Player open for a second in the game I pressed play on. It then closes the Roblox Player and the popup on the website disappears.

this seems to be an issue that is happening to me as well
i’m on windows 10 and i tried to open roblox today and it kept popping up saying it was installing and then disappearing

2 Likes

I have tried logging out of all Roblox Sessions and now the app closes after a white screen. I do not think this would be an account issue then. However, I am now wondering if Roblox’s Byfron is blocking it for no reason

2 Likes

Hm Good to know its happening to others too. if there is anything you can find in common maybe we can find a fix

2 Likes

good idea.

do you have software like msi afterburner installed?

it blocked roblox for me and i had to disable it

Unfortunately, I do not know of any software that would trigger Byfron being on my computer.

you said its a white screen now?
try checking the logs to see if the 401 error has gone.

also what gpu and version of windows are you using (i know its 11 but what is the current version)

[I gotta go get stuff done and wrap up the day so i will try to help you again tmr]

1 Like

Yes, the screen is white. But I think it is because I logged out of all sessions including the Roblox app.

The error 401 has changed to

[DFLog::HttpTraceError] HttpResponse(#5 000001C9139C97C0) time:226.4ms (net:226.4ms callback:0.0ms timeInRetryQueue:0.0ms)status:401 Unauthorized bodySize:0 url:{ "https://apis.roblox.com/discovery-api/omni-recommendation" } external:0 numberOfTimesRetried:0

rather than

Warning: HTTP error code:`401`
HTTP error body:`{"errors":[{"code":0,"message":"Unauthorized"}]}`

My Windows version is Windows 11 22H2 and the OS build is 22621.2506.

I have an Nvidia RTX 3070, CPU is Intel i7-10700, and 16GB RAM

it seems like its an issue on Roblox’s end i would wait till the next update and use the windows version while we wait for them to fix these bugs

(i mean look how many issues are being reported with crashing right now)

1 Like

Install roblox through RobloxPlayerLauncherwhich is found in here.

Tried this but it still does not open without crashing, I will just wait until Roblox fix their end.

Thanks for the help even though it still crashes. I believe that their is a fix coming for this as suggested in this post. I will mark your reply as a solution, but may give a link back to this in a new post if the next update does not fix it.

Ok, I have an update to this. I have a Logitech G920 wheel connected to my computer (which has nothing that would affect how Roblox would run). However, when I unplug it, Roblox opens normally. I think this is a bug, but I am not sure.

When it is plugged in, Roblox crashes again. I probably should have thought to try unplugging it sooner however, I only thought to try it when I saw this.

32 Likes

Yup this was my problem as well. I was going crazy trying to figure out why it was doing that. I have had my Logitech G920 wheel connected to my computer for like a year and never had this problem until like a week ago. I tried everything, and when I saw your comment just now I tried unplugging my wheel and sure enough it worked. Thanks for the help!

4 Likes

I have the same wheel hooked up to my pc. Was wondering why roblox wasn’t working thanks in advance!

6 Likes

Had the exact same issue and fixed it the same way, random bug but glad it works now, would’ve never fixed it without this thread lol

2 Likes

Thank you! I had the same issue and was so confused. :rofl:

6 Likes

Bump! For 2 months I was wondering why roblox was crashing instantaneously upon startup? I decided to search one more time, and I came across this post. I wonder why my wheel was causing this?

3 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 14 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.