Roblox available now on PlayStation!

I’m sure Sony and Microsoft both know that it’s against the Roblox ToS to deliver a chat system without a filtering system.

Even on Desktop and other platforms, games published without a proper filtering system get taken down. I’ve personally experienced this myself even with a game that only got played a bunch of times.

A platform full of user-generated content cannot be 100% family-friendly and I’m sure they know that. The chat system is not the only thing players and developers can exploit.

5 Likes

Of course, they do know this. Therein lies the problem of trusting Roblox developers. To parents and the general public of which aren’t largely informed with the Roblox development/publishing process, if a user sees inappropriate content for their age/sees users being inappropriate, parents and the general public will say “why would Sony/Microsoft and Roblox allow this on their platforms?”

Of which leads to bad press and a worse image for a company. That’s where I believe most of this fear comes from for them, at least. Roblox doesn’t generally have a crystal-clear image.

3 Likes

This thing already happens with the non-console versions of Roblox. There’s not a clear solution to this as this is not Roblox’s problem. It’s up to parents to protect their children and know that platforms as big as Roblox cannot make their platform 100% safe.

Roblox already trusts its developers on everything by allowing them to use their engine already. Let’s say Roblox won’t allow developers to modify the in-experience chat anymore, but what if the developer instead uses something more direct? Like a bypassed image or a model for example. And they can do this on all platforms.

The only solution to this problem is moderation. Report any experience that’s breaking the rules regardless if it’s for Xbox, PlayStation, or Desktop.

2 Likes

Very disappointing when the vast majority of console games are garbage ports that don’t feel good to play on console, while spitting in the face of developers who actually put time and effort into their console compatability.

Almost every single game I played except mine either had no console support and was available on playstation anyway or was using the xbox icons. Not a good look to new playstation users when all they see is xbox icons. This would have been the perfect opportunity to show them games that actually work and look good on playstation, but instead your choosing the route of “personalization”.

6 Likes

I am not arguing against having chat on console. I’m stating the reasoning I believe the companies have to disallow it for now. Yes, text chat would make the console experience so, so much better and it should be on console. Roblox has never been 100% safe and it’d be unwise to think it would ever be.

Yes, they do. The question is if Sony and Microsoft will trust them, too.

Of course, this is the obvious solution. It’s also interesting to note that they’re trying to do less of clothing moderation (as seen with the removal of 2D clothing for UGC bundles) where they can nowadays to make up for experience moderation.

2 Likes

There are limitations with Xbox, and I’d imagine now PlayStation. I recommend checking out the following:

I said something similar here, Roblox wants to add it, but it is complicated:

The Xbox guidelines on the doc site have been deleted somewhat recently. I assume we don’t follow them anymore, rather we follow the age guidelines in general. I made a post about updating the Xbox guidelines a bit ago though:

5 Likes

Massive W.
I assume the answer is yes but just in case, is Future lighting supported on the Playstation version of Roblox?

3 Likes

And I’m stating that they shouldn’t. If they’re allowing Roblox on their platform, they’re already accepting the rule breakers being present on the platform. Chat is not the only thing that developers can use to create malicious experiences or assets.

They are if they’re allowing Roblox on their platform.

1 Like

You’re correct. So it seems,

1 Like

Will we be able to specify what controller we’re using when we use a controller on PC? For example I have a DualShock controller (PS5 controller), but I am thinking it would show the Xbox icons when I use it on my computer.

2 Likes

When will we see the UI on the PlayStation client ported to the Xbox client? The Xbox client UI is already extremely dated as is and the release of the PlayStation client makes it feel more so. All the issues on the Xbox client that existed prior to the launch still exist, and with prior statements months ago that improvements would be eventually coming, I can’t help but feel somewhat disappointed with this launch.

Also I have to ask is 2FA availability something that is in the works? It seems absurd that one has to make their account less secure, even if just for a few minutes, just to be able to long on to consoles.

2 Likes

Thanks for pointing me in the right direction, tis was a lot of walls of text.

Still find it absurd that Xbox players have to wait two additional days to see the improvements the PlayStation client has be ported to the Xbox client. It could has just been a PlayStation release + Improvements to the Xbox client all at once.

But what can I expect from Roblox… they always find a way to botch an update, even the good ones.

2 Likes

Can someone explain what the reasoning behind this was? Why not natively support the PS5?

2 Likes

I’d say it is probably so they could launch it on both consoles without having to maintain multiple versions. more consoles = more market share

3 Likes

I’d assume its because of Roblox’s update release schedule (usually Wednesday/Thursday) but they could have just delayed playstation until then as well so :man_shrugging:

Will developers be able to take use of the PlayStation’s DualSense Vibrations such as trigger stoppers and more detailed vibrations sometime in the future?

1 Like

When I saw that quote you quoted I thought that it may take 1-? weeks to get a good amount of roblox games to PlayStation. I wouldnt get my hopes up on release.

2 Likes

Is there some kind of initialization timeout? I’m crashing on some games when loading in. Freezes up for ~10s before terminating. (PS4 slim)

1 Like

Much later than expected. I’m glad it finally came out though. Assuming it’s the same guidelines as xbox? Also, when is vc and chat features getting released. Also, there seems to be some issues relating with logging in with another device and 2fa.

1 Like