Roblox Backrooms Test

No problem, just keep in mind “One core mechanic”, all good games start with one core iconic mechanic, in Super Mario the core mechanic is jumping, in DOORS it is running and dashing through doors, in Minecraft it is Mining and Crafting, I suggest you start with only one core mechanic to keep things simple, and you can always add more once you feel this game is good and have potential.

3 Likes

That is good advice. I will try and keep it simple at first and see where it goes!

3 Likes

:wink: :+1: Hope all this will help you bring the game big, if you need any help don’t be shy, post it on RB Forums and let it see the light of day.

2 Likes

Thanks man! Be sure to stick near my profile, Ill be posting updates and stuff whenever I update it!

2 Likes

This is really good lookin’, keep up the good work man.

3 Likes

Thank you! Do you have suggestions on how I could make it better?

1 Like

Not much for me to add, already looks pretty much like the real thing. Maybe for that sort of camera effect you got going on with that ‘Play’ text and all, maybe add some subtle film grain if you haven’t already. Besides that, looks very nice.

5 Likes

Yup, camera shake will be great.

4 Likes

That is a good idea. I SUCK with anything photoshop or GFX related, so ill have to google that lol. Thanks!

4 Likes

Seems pretty alright to me, with it being ominous. Well done!

3 Likes

I can help, if you want, I can do blender and PS and stuffs like that if you need.

3 Likes

You could find a picture of film grain that you like, insert into roblox, turn down the transparency, then write a script which would make the zOffset of the image change so it would kind of have a moving effect. ( Sorry to all the scripters if I’m wrong )

4 Likes

Lol, Ill give it a shot! Thank you!

3 Likes

I don’t really need extra hands on the project since I’m not gonna be doing anything really with it, but thanks!

3 Likes

Thank you for your feedback! (extra characters)

3 Likes

Lol, hows the game going? Back to check!

2 Likes

How are things going? Just checking.

1 Like

It’s been a while since I last posted here, Phantom, is everything going well?