Roblox Backrooms Test

Project
I kind of just wanted to build the backrooms in Roblox. Theres no set project really.

More
I just wanted some feedback on how it looks and any suggestions for how I can make it look better.

Also, should I do anything with this?

Picture

34 Likes

The only bad thing is the lights, which are not SYMMETRICAL!!

12 Likes

Kind of the way I wanted them to be, I wanted it to feel random.

Should I change that?

And should I give it a design instead of just a block?

Btw, thank you for your feedback

7 Likes

The blocks are fine but like the “Real” backrooms lights are symmetrical but if u wanna leave it random leave it like that theres no problem! (I will grab ur legs when ur sleeping)

8 Likes

Oh okay! I will keep them how they are! (im going to change them now cause im scared.)

This is what I use to have, are these lights better? Also dont mind the lighting in the photo

8 Likes

I think the random ones are better tbh, this may be more lore accurate but doesnt look as good as the other one, if i was you i would keep the random ones (i would go to the darkest pit of hell, where the devil awaits for me)

4 Likes

The Shaders, if you can make the shader a bug more glitchy, and liminal with particles, that’d be perfect. i don’t know if you have but be sure to add ambient noise the atmosphere will be great.

7 Likes

Obviously the lighting would be the normal lighting in the first picture, with just the lights changed though, so are you sure? (choose quick.)

6 Likes

Yes im sure (im stuck on hell help (extra characters))

4 Likes

I will be sure to add a good eerie ambient noise!

Thank you for your feedback!

3 Likes

Okay good sir!

I shall make those changes!

(run.)

5 Likes

One of the most iconic things on back rooms lvl 1 is the black bacteria stain and the soggy carpet with mould, making it seem like this place has been abandoned for centuries to sell the ominous effect better.

4 Likes

Looks nice, definitely feels like The Backrooms.

A suggestion I’d give is probably to add some PBR materials. It seems all the material you’ve used are just flat textures, they haven’t got any realistic look to them. I think adding PBR materials would definitely spice up the build a little.
Nice job!
:wink:

5 Likes

I tried to find some good looking backroom wall PBR material but just really couldn’t find any good ones, so I had to stick with normal textures! I’m going to continue looking though!

Thank you for your feedback!

5 Likes

Also, if you are making a horror game with this design, be sure Not to add in so many particles and sounds that makes the game messy, only add what you need, no matter what the others say, trust me I’ve learned this the hard way.

2 Likes

Ooo I could add that. Might give it a little bit of lore in my picutre.

2 Likes

I’m not exactly sure what I am going to do with this game. But I will be sure to keep it clean!

1 Like

Add in Normal maps, Depth maps and Metalness maps to sell the fake 3D texture effect.

4 Likes

The world looks smooth and there are no glitches as far as I can see, this is smooth and natural, not like back rooms, it is anything but normal and natural, I am saying this doesn’t feel sink in. You can add more blur, glitch and other vfxs, You’re doing a good job bringing this lost urban legend back to life.

2 Likes

Ay, thanks man! Im trying my best! So it means alot!

Ill try and fix it up and make it even better!

3 Likes