Roblox broke all my animations

Not sure where to put this, but for some reaosn, I logged in today and all my animations are broken. This is a huge problem because all my core mechanics rely on animations for aiming and recoil and melee hitboxes. Anyone else having this problem? (I’ve tried turning the place back a day and it’s still busted)

5 Likes

Happened to everyone. They are in the phase 2 for rolling out Workspace.AnimationWeightedBlendFix. They made its default behavior “Enabled” instead of disabled, which now applies the new changes to the animation engine to all existing places. You can set it to disabled but the property will be hidden and will be forced to Enabled in future.
If you wanna fix the animations, good luck, especially if you have a lot of them. Here’s their post:

If you scroll to the end you’ll see other people complaining for this update.

3 Likes

to fix it, go to workspace and disable the AnimationWeightedBlendFix property :slight_smile:

7 Likes

69/10 roblox update would complain again

7 Likes

But this should only affect animation BLENDING, it shouldn’t stop animations from playing in the first place. If OP is only playing one animation at once or isn’t using AdjustWeight, then this won’t affect them.

CC @asunoandkrito

What do you mean by “broken”?

3 Likes

Yes, I should’ve specified although the property name should explain itself well enough.
To be honest, it’s not hard to apply a fix for the upcoming update, it’s mostly long, especially for games that are based on animations for the most part.

2 Likes

Thank you two so much guys, I was really confused when even reverting to an older version did not fix this.

3 Likes

Just wanted to say you still NEED to make your game compatible with the property set to “Default” (Default is Enabled btw), as the next phase of the update will completely remove it. Roblox has given you time, and announced this change more than a year ago.

1 Like

Wait what - Can you give me a link to somewhere I can read about this?

1 Like

I realized the post was already linked in the top comment, so I gave it a glance and managed to fix the issue within 10 minutes using the recommended steps.

1 Like