Roblox Brown Hair's MeshTexture does NOT Show In-Game

Reproduction Steps

Method - A

1. Open your Roblox application through any device;
  2. Enter any experience (I have used Natural Disaster Survival as a sample);
  3. Locate players with the bundle “Man”/have the linked hair of the bundle called “Brown Hair”;
    2.1. Locate the user’s avatar on the in-game menu and locate the hair;
    2.2. Click on the hair and select the option Try On.

Method - B

1. Open your Roblox application through any device;
  2. Enter any experience (I have used Natural Disaster Survival as a sample);
  3. Wait until your Roblox character is added with its appearance (Players.LocalPlayer.CharacterAdded);
    2.1 Once fully loaded, look at your avatar closely.

Expected Behavior

I expected that I would see normally the physical appearance of the hair’s design without any problem whatsoever:

Actual Behavior
While encountering players with the full bundle and/or with the following hair, the MeshTexture seems to have difficulty to be capable as to load itself in-game + the in-game menu > User’s Avatar > Try On feature.

Demonstration 1:

(Encountering the player)

Demonstration 2:

(Using the hair myself in-game)

Demonstration 3:

(Analysing after pressing Try On)

Issue Area: Catalog Assets
Issue Type: Other
Impact: High
Frequency: Constantly
Date First Experienced: 2023-01-06 00:15:30 (UTC-3)
Date Last Experienced: 2023-01-07 00:16:25 (UTC-3)

Specs:

This bug only occurs in in-game experiences. It does not occur in sections through the Roblox website and/or universal app as looking at your avatar, profile picture and trying it on internally.

2 Likes

We’ve filled a ticket into our internal database for this issue, and will come back as soon as we have updates!

Thanks for flagging!

3 Likes

Hi, thank you for the bug report. This issue should be resolved now, but will require restarting the app.

2 Likes

Hey @Osyris, thank you for the return!

I have restarted my application using task manager and once joining an experience, the texture is now back! This is also occurring as well as for mobile devices. :slightly_smiling_face:

This topic was automatically closed 14 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.