Roblox Capture Issue

1. What do you want to achieve? Keep it simple and clear!
    Im trying to disable the roblox capture feature, it already says it is disabled, and I also disabled it via SetCoreGuiEnabled but when holding CTRL and SHIFT and then pressing S on your keyboard, it saves a capture which I dont want, this problem is affecting players in my game

2. What is the issue? Include screenshots / videos if possible!
    I cant disable captures, when holding CTRL and SHIFT and then pressing S on your keyboard, it saves a capture which I dont want, even tho the captures are disabled from the code and the client settings

3. What solutions have you tried so far? Did you look for solutions on the Developer Hub?
    I added this code but it doesnt seem to work

startergui:SetCoreGuiEnabled(Enum.CoreGuiType.Captures, false)

Can someone help me out?

CTRL+SHIFT+S I believe is a windows shortcut for taking screenshots and I believe doesn’t have anythiing to do with Roblox’s Capture system which instead has to be triggered from a script to activate.

Its not a windows shortcut, its roblox itself making the capture screenshot when pressing the CTRL+SHIFT+S, roblox settings says its disabled but its not when using the shortcut

Hi, thanks for taking the time to report this issue. We’ve recently started testing out the ctrl + shift + s hotkey as a way to capture an in-experience screenshot. Using the SetCoreGuiEnabled API should have disabled the hotkey behavior as well, and the fact that it doesn’t is a bug.

We’ll have a fix for this coming out in the next release mid to late next week. Thank you for your patience while we handle this issue.

Edit: actually I took it one step further and just turned off the test, so this should stop happening as soon as the client is restarted. We’ll figure out a cleaner way to introduce this update in the future.

3 Likes