Roblox client process carries on in background when closed after crash

Update here

problem seems to be worsening as of now.

5 Likes

sorry for the bump, but it feels like this situation has gotten a lot worse, when closing roblox via the x button, the task will still run seemingly indefinitely (sometimes it stops after 10 seconds, and sometimes i am still in the server a few minutes after closing), this can cause quite the lag on my computer as games without background noise exist.

6 Likes

Bumping this but this is still ongoing at late november, Although the difference is I can still hear in-game sounds after ive attempted to leave. Never had this problem until roblox updated,

2 Likes

HOW IS THIS STILL AN ISSUE?? this is outrageous for a multi billion dollar company…

5 Likes

The issue also occurs when just leaving the game, not just a crash

4 Likes

Still not solved, it even got worse for me because even after 10 minutes it still haven’t closed and music keep playing. But this time it happens no matter how I leave the experience.

7 Likes

After the Roblox Client update the issue is STILL continuing, not when just crashing, closing in general.

6 Likes

Players moving (or vehicles) are also very much heard in the background. The movement sound also changes position like you still have roblox open.

4 Likes

Very sorry for bumping this thread, but this is still not solved even in mid-December. I still hear ingame sounds even after I left minutes ago, and the only way to the fix this is to force close it through task manager, which is really annoying. This is still an issue even after almost 4 years.

8 Likes

I am also having this issue and the game isn’t even crashing, I leave the game normally by pressing X or ALT+F4.
Sometimes the client closes itself after 10-15 seconds but sometimes it stays running in the background taking CPU resources even if I open another client and play a game. The resources the client takes are equivalent to what the game would normally take by being idle in one spot.

8 Likes

This still happens to me every time I try closing roblox I have to use task manager.

3 Likes

Roblox was running TWICE in the background. I am required to forcefully quit the applications for it to close. There were NO crashes!

EDIT: Roblox crashes later on.

7 Likes

that problem is happening with me too when i change of game or when i get teleported from a game to another and it use allot of cpu for no reason

2 Likes

This happens to me as well its so annoying.

3 Likes

I’ve also been having this issue lately ever since the push for using the Desktop App.

7 Likes

This similar issue has already been occurring to me more frequently. Hopefully, they’ll fix it soon.

3 Likes

It’s baffling to me that this is happening as ROBLOX is a billion dollar company and this seems like an extremely small issue. ( still happening btw )

3 Likes

This problem had recently resurfaced again. They do not close until they crash on their own and you click the error dialog that pops up, due to the app running out of allocated memory. It’s annoying to open Task Manager from time to time, just to close instances of Roblox.

3 Likes

Still an issue… Been trying to find a solution for this, no luck.

5 Likes

Worst of all, it means that you’re still playing on that afk server, I wanted to do the test with an alt account if the same thing happened, and I was surprised that despite having closed everything, I could play with up to 4 accounts at the same time. once in a single session, since closing with the “X” did not end the process

PS: My GPU sacrificed a lot for this test… xD

4 Likes