Roblox client process carries on in background when closed after crash

Happens every single time with ROBLOX Studio for me as well. Destroys my CPU by taking up a good 10% of it per studio running in the background.

Computer fans loud? Guess what; it’s my ROBLOX studio running in the background on its 3 ghost instances!

4 Likes

Happens 80% of the time with me, don’t need to crash, I just need to close the player and then it happens.
Sets a very serious and dangerous privacy risk when you think you have the player closed but people ingame can still hear your microphone and you can still hear them talking even after closing for 5 minutes.

2 Likes

Please fix this as soon as possible as this is really annoying.
This always happens and when i rejoin the game/experience it kicks me for already being in the game
and this affects the gameplay when im afk in some games (with saved data).

1 Like

update on this, closing roblox via the X button will get get rid of the process in the “Apps” Section
But this does not fix anything, the program still runs in the background, causing major lag still, if you want to force stop roblox, you need to sort the process’ by “CPU”, and find it there
probably overreacting here but it feels like roblox is trying to hide itself as a background process lol, it does a terrible job due to the lag, and even the fact that roblox crashes itself when you dont end the process while the app is still running in the background.

(the fact i can replicate this crash with ease while doing this comment really says something lol)

4 Likes

Can confirm this bug is still occuring, really annoying, please fix

3 Likes

The scheduler is part of the engine. There’s nothing preventing the Roblox engineers from preventing Luau execution while shutting down and forcing a GC.

2 Likes

This is still happening today, 4 months later.

It now also happens with Roblox Studio, although not as consistently. All the background instances of Roblox eating my PC’s resources are an annoyance to nuke via task manager every time I close the game and/or Studio.

We need a fix to this. Enough is enough.

I gave up hoping they would fix this issue so I just made a shortcut that force closes roblox using taskill.
" C:\Windows\System32\taskkill.exe /im RobloxPlayerBeta.exe /t /f "

2 Likes