Roblox Client Refuses to Open When Attempting to Launch

For the past few days, when I attempt to launch a Roblox game, the loading dialog box opens and states that it’s “Starting Roblox” but after the pop-up box disappears, the client does not actually open and instead just runs in the background.

After about 10 minutes of just sitting and running in the background, I get the Authentication Failed (Error 403) pop-up below:

I have tried uninstalling, reinstalling, and restarting my PC—none of those solutions seem to work. However, opening Roblox via the Windows app works perfectly fine. Does anyone have a solution to this? Thanks in advance!

I am currently running the latest version of the Roblox client on Windows 11 Home, version 22H2, build 22621.1848.

1 Like

I’ve been having this issue as well (Windows 11 Pro, 22624.1755). I’ve however been able to start ROBLOX a few times after clearing the ROBLOX directory {username}/local/ROBLOX and reinstalling.

I think it started with the most recent ROBLOX Client update.

UPDATE: was a simple fix. I think the new anti cheat flags applications such as MSI Afterburner/RTSS.

2 Likes

I can confirm that, had the same problem as stated above, disabling afterburner and RTSS fixed the problem

its still funny how a anticheat startup that got paid a few million dollars probably can’t add a flag to these processes

1 Like

It makes sense to be honest. If you make exceptions for certain programs then you create a risk that malicious actors could exploit.

This topic was automatically closed 14 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.