Roblox Client refuses to open (Windows 11 x64)

The Roblox Windows Client (64-bit version: version-9fd31cae223e4d53) refuses to launch on my machine. I believe this is due to Hyperion as I was able to run Roblox in a virtual machine running on the same computer with no issues.

I attempted to launch Roblox using the desktop shortcut, which invokes the --app flag like so: RobloxPlayerBeta.exe --app. Normally, this should open the desktop app/homepage.

No error message or window is displayed by Roblox. It just shows up in task manager for a few seconds then closes.

The client returns the exit code 9006 when ran in command prompt like so

RobloxPlayerBeta.exe --app & echo %errorlevel%

Roblox also refused to create its own crash dump when applying the crash configuration via ClientAppSettings.json. Therefore, I had to use ProcDump.

As I am a developer, I do have development tools installed on my machine that I believe may be causing Hyperion to crash/error, but I am unsure whether or not this is the case.

Roblox Studio runs perfectly fine. However, the Windows Store app refuses to launch too, crashing immediately after displaying the Roblox logo.

Furthermore, I added the Roblox folder to an exclusion in Windows Defender (the only antivirus app I have installed), and Roblox still failed to launch.

I am running Windows 11 Home Insider Preview Build 25951.rs_prerelease.230908-1539
Specifications:

• Intel Core i5-6400
  • 24 GB RAM
  • RTX 970 GPU

ProcDump has produced 2 crash dumps (when I ran the client once). No log files were produced. I have uploaded the dump files to Google Drive, as they failed to upload here.

Log/dump files were attached to the internal ticket by a Roblox Staff (@Focia19), due to the sensitive information they may contain, will not be shared publicly!

9 Likes

We’ve filed a ticket into our internal database for this issue and will start investigating, we will update you when we have further information.

Thanks for flagging!

6 Likes

Been getting the same thing since Roblox made some big security updates! I just had to download a new version of Roblox and run it with that. I assume Roblox support already knows as @Focia19 clarified in the previous response, But until they do fix this big: Just install a new Roblox launcher and call it a day.

1 Like

Hey @charliewithadot,

Thank you for your bug report. This is a known issue right now with Roblox/Hyperion and the latest canary build of Windows 11 (25951).

We are working with Microsoft to fix the problem, but, in the meantime, I do recommend you downgrade to a production version of Windows 11. Insider, especially canary, builds include experimental changes that may not work perfectly with all software - especially software like Hyperion.

Sorry for the troubles!

6 Likes

I am having the same issue even on non Insider build with both MS Store and the website version

2 Likes

Currently having a similar issue on Windows 10 version 22H2 where Roblox won’t open from a browser.

3 Likes

Same issue happening to me too. Worked for a bit after running as administrator but now it’s fully stopped working. (windows 10 regular)

2 Likes

Roblox works again on windows 11 Canary channel as of 25982

1 Like

Nvm it seems to run normally and then just close after a while ^

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 14 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.