Roblox client unexpectedly crashes without error message

I’ve had this happen to me about five times today. The window just closed as I was playing the game.
I was playing on my newer computer with these specs:

• CPU: AMD Ryzen 5 2400G 4-Cores @ 3.6 GHz
  • GPU: NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1650 SUPER
  • RAM: 16GB DDR4 DIMM @ 2133 MHz

I’ve never had this happen on any of my other machines such as my main desktop or my newer laptop. So maybe it has something to do with the Zen architecture considering you have a modern AMD CPU.

My main laptop is a ThinkPad X220. Its specs are;

• CPU: Intel(R) Core™ i5-2540M 2-Cores @ 2.6 GHz
  • GPU: Intel(R) HD Graphics 3000
  • RAM: 8GB DDR3 SODIMM @ 1333 MHz

My main desktop is a custom built machine. Its specs are;

CPU: AMD A8-5600K 4-Cores @ 3.6 GHz
GPU: NVIDIA GeForce GTX 770
RAM: 16GB DDR3 DIMM @ 1600 MHz

I’ve only ever seen Roblox suddenly close without warning on my newer computer.

9 Likes

We really need this on some form of high priority. It’s happened to me twice in an hour in games that dont save, lol. Can imagine how bad it must be for player retention.

15 Likes

Update: Roblox now immediately crashes upon startup on my laptop. For now I have to use my phone to play when with friends.

5 Likes

This issue is happening to me but when I play a game, in a few minutes while I play a game, I receive the “You got disconnected. Please check your internet connection” message and I check and it’s fine but the entire internet on my iMac disconnects for a few minutes.

7 Likes

Currently experiencing the same thing, game freezes for 1-3 seconds and closes, no error, no anything. Must be something with byfron conflicting with apps or idk, struggling to have longer sessions on games with this…

9 Likes

I have had at least 15 fans tell me they can’t play our game… Roblox either crashes or refuses to even open or update

Is there any update on this :pensive:

8 Likes

When playing, the client would disconnect me and the entire internet in my house. I am currently not playing so the internet hasn’t disconnected.

7 Likes

This has happened to me very frequently recently, and it is really frustrating. It just crashes out of nowhere in about 5–10 minutes or so in any game on normal gameplay; there isn’t even an error message; it just stops responding, and it crashes. This is really affecting me and I hope it gets fixed soon.

9 Likes

Also started happening to me about a few days ago, no matter the game. Occurs on all games, except for me the timeframe depends from 5 minutes to a whole hour and it just so happens to be entirely random.

Sucks to play Roblox games like this, not knowing when i’ll encounter a hard crash.

10 Likes

Started happening to me as well, as of today. Extremely annoying and makes doing literally anything impossible. fix plz

EDIT: It was fixed for me literally the next day. Weird?

7 Likes

I can’t finish a single impel raid on GPO because my client just randomly closes out. Hopefully this is resolved soon :sob:

18 Likes

The same thing happend to me during June or july and took 2 months to get fixed, seems like its back… :pensive:

5 Likes

I’ve been having this issue myself, but only within the first 10-30 seconds of joining a game. From my testing this appears to only happen to me when using a 3rd party FPS unlocker. I assumed it has something to do with the Byfron anti-cheat falsely flagging it as a potential exploit.

6 Likes

Two experiences I work for, Grand Piece Online and Peroxide, have been having players report that they experience this issue. Further, I and some of my fellow developers experience this issue on other games not made by our teams, I’ve had this issue on games I play normally on and trying to play games where your Roblox randomly closes for no reason with no crash prompt at random times is pretty exhausting. We’ve tried reinstalling Roblox, clearing out our temporary files and so on but the crash still prevails. Most, if not all, reports have come from Windows desktop devices and not any other platforms as far as I can tell. Neither me nor my fellow developers use any third-party apps and I’ve crashed without having any changed FFlags nor uncapped FPS and having a lack of crash dmps makes it harder to report this issue.

Whenever I get a clip of the hard crash happening to myself again, I’ll try to upload it here.

17 Likes

Yeah this has been happening for a while, it’s getting really annoying, someone please do something about it.

4 Likes

Appears to be occurring on my application while launching, regardless of the application. Might be linked to AMD CPU’s in particular.

3 Likes

I have an AMD with nvidia laptop that does not have the issue.

AMD with Radeon graphics that has been crashing frequently(no error message).

another laptop:
Intel i3 with integrated graphics crashing frequently(no error message).

Doesn’t seem exclusive to AMD from what I’m seeing.

I’m hoping even though we’re not seeing any errors that Roblox is getting something to show this is happening on their end and working on a fix!

Edit:
I tried the FFlag to force Vulkan graphics, still crashes randomly, reverting back to default config since it didn’t help.

5 Likes

This exact same thing still happens to me and started about a month ago. I can play the game normally for about like 5-20 minutes, and then it freezes for about 1 second, then closes without an error message popping up, as if I closed Roblox myself. Anyone got a fix for this?

5 Likes

I have been forced to use Roblox from the Microsoft store, which works fine, but just isn’t as great as the website Roblox as mouse lock just does not work at all.

2 Likes

Im on the same page. Let’s just hope roblox actually does something to fix it.

2 Likes