Roblox client unexpectedly crashes without error message

(posting on behalf of my friend @NobleReign who can’t access the bug reporting wizard for some reason. Pretend I’m them.)

After 5-10 minutes of normal gameplay, Roblox crashes without an error message. It seems to happen anywhere but I’ve had it happen the most in Kit Battle Beta Testing - Roblox and Project Traitor - Roblox

CPU: AMD Ryzen 7 5800X3D 8-Core Processor
GPU: NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3080 Ti
RAM: 32GB @ 3600MHz

A private message is associated with this bug report

272 Likes

This just went in a sec, was meeting a guy in some game but i thought the server was resetted.
can confirm it’s happening rn (tried about 7 times already), but mobile still runs perfectly fine

note: this now happens to installer too, had 2 files of version and installer crashes alot during upgrading but able to fix it by going for the newest file created recently

16 Likes

I have a similar issue, however, my game freezes after I click 1-3 times. Then I have to use task manager to close it.

17 Likes

Having this issue constantly where the game instance will completely close without any error message as well. No lag even happens prior to it happening but it just closes for what it seems like, no reason. This bug is extremely frustrating and is making bugs effectively unplayable. No internet issues on my end and this looks like its a problem that is completely on Roblox.

26 Likes

For me, it’s essentially FORCING me to quit working on my game. Due to this bug, I literally can’t test my game.

16 Likes

Same started happening to me! I was using the RCO setflag script thing and it stopped after I deleted a bunch of flags it was editing. Not really sure the main reason it is happening.

14 Likes

It got updated on the github repo, it wont crash for me anymore.

11 Likes

Because for you it was a thing with RCO, I think I might have the same issue, because I also have RCO.
Edit: Yup, this fixed it!

10 Likes

I’m also running into this issue. Roblox will just randomly close, sometimes it will freeze for a few seconds before closing. It’s not my internet and my PC is pretty good.

18 Likes

Thanks for the report! We’ll follow up when we have an update for you.

19 Likes

This just started happening to me today. After like 3 mins, or 20 mins if I’m lucky, it freezes for a second, then acts like i just close the app. This is really annoying. I also send a log file to admins.

18 Likes

This is also happening to me, hope this can be fixed.

edit: as of today it isnt happening to me anymore, maybe it was a problem with my computer

8 Likes

I’m also having this problem, I’ve tried reinstalling roblox, clearing temp files but I still get the same issue. However on the windows 10 edition of roblox there seems to be no issues.

10 Likes

Bumping, because I’m experiencing this.

Link to it closing itself.

8 Likes

This happens to me multiple times a week, & I dont play roblox often.

9 Likes

Me too it’s still going on happening I was trying play all game went kept suddenly close itself without error message , very worst

12 Likes

I have this issue aswell, I enter a game and it lets me play for couple of minutes and then it just closes the app without any error message or anything like that

13 Likes

same thing kind of happening to me but with an error message

6 Likes

I’ve Experienced this issue in two games currently, Catalog Avatar Creator and Juke’s Towers of Hell. Very annoying bug from my experience.

3 Likes

Ok so I’ve figured out what’s happening, after clearing the temp files, reinstalling roblox and testing my cpu and gpu temperature. It seems to happen when the temperature reaches over 80 degrees or a problem with roblox itself saving a settings table. You should try to delete roblox manually by running %appdata% and heading to local. Next run %temp% and delete everything in the folder. Now restart your computer and reinstall roblox.

3 Likes