Roblox client unexpectedly crashes without error message

As a last resort, I am going to do a full reset of my computer. I have created a backup of my files and will reformat my drive to do a fresh install of Windows.

12/9/2023 @ 4:08 PM roughly seven hours after original post

A full fresh copy of Windows seems to have fixed the problem!

4:28 PM

hi. probably not the solution but you are using windows 7. if your going to complain about your issue then upgrade if possible. if you cant upgrade due to software limitations, then your computer isn’t fit for roblox

wait nvm old post !!!

I ain’t using Windows 10 or Windows 11. Roblox needs to make a Linux client like they promised over ten years ago :frowning:

why is that? windows 10 is completely fine, or at least windows 8 at minimum…

Well, I’m not a fan of telemetry. Also, I don’t appreciate the lack of control Windows 10 allows you to have. Windows 8.x is fine, it’s just that Windows 7’s Roblox end of support will probably take Windows 8.x’s support with it. Not to mention all of the duplicate programs in Windows 8.x.

Byfron is still causing crashes unexpectedly, no error message given on Windows 11.

1 Like

Looks like Hyperion is still crashing the client for me…

2 Likes

just happened to me too, on desktop (windows 10) while playing grappling hook obby - crashed after two unnatural lag spikes (i had good internet connection on other apps)

2 Likes

Was there a popup message for the crash or a dump file? I’m getting these crashes after 5 - 15 minutes and there is no popup, no error, no dump file, nothing in client logs(log just ends at time of ‘crash’)

I am using vanilla client, meaning, i have no 3rd party tweaks no fflags set, etc.

4 Likes

I’m getting a Studio Crash to desktop whenever I exit playtest and move my mouse.

2 Likes

nope. it happened a second time and i received no popup - just a sudden lag spike and crash.

3 Likes

This happened to me too. I could play for a good 20 minutes or so, although I’d have sudden 5 second lag spikes (complete visual freeze) every now and then. Now I can’t play at all as it crashes right on startup, and I have no clue what the issue could be. I’ve tried just about everything, I really don’t even play Roblox anymore because of this.

2 Likes

Hello Monkey,

If you have a crash dump, please feel free to forward it to me.

1 Like

Detailed information in here, which can hopefully help to figure something out.
Do you have any suggestions for how to capture ‘something’ for the client that just disappears without generating a crash? I tried setting up procdump as recommended but nothing is being captured. The client log just ends with no messages. The client log goes from logging normal output(from the game scripts etc.) to just ending with no further messages.

Can you try to start your PC in safe mode with networking enabled?

Apparently other people have getting the same issue, I’m trying to send a crash report but its 3.4 Gb long and it is failing to upload, is there any other way to send it?

Upload to Google Drive or some file sharing service, and then share it privately :+1:

There goes 20% of my google drive space, thanks tho!

1 Like