Roblox Community Rules Update

Do not copy, transfer, display, or otherwise use the UGC of other users outside of Roblox, including on other gaming platforms or on physical mediums, such as clothing.

This seems unenforceable – or at the very least, outside of the reach of “roblox community rules”. If I start selling Jailbreak merchandise, the creators would have to go after me legally – not through roblox.

5 Likes

So absolutely no giveaways or contests for in-game items or robux, correct? Only promo codes and eCards (all cited externally)?

3 Likes

Ah, I see why that’s a problem.

How are these rules enforced in regards to translations, given that it can be difficult to verify the content of a translation?

2 Likes

Exploiting is not permitted in Roblox. This includes inappropriately obtaining and uploading “stolen” game content. Roblox moderators will determine exploited game content at their discretion with the tools available to them and may immediately terminate accounts caught participating in this behavior.

Though I still sometimes use content I don’t own (for referencing purposes), I am extremely glad to see this, whether it was in before or not. I’ve had numerous issues with work that’s been stolen and continues to be a problem now. I get extremely vexed when content I know I’ve contributed to a game or group is appearing in other areas either in fragments. It’s even worse when they profit off that stolen content.

I’ve previously had issues in which the content thief blatantly lies to their community and says that the stolen items are “given” to them. With that in mind, I dearly hope the enforcement of these rules will be strong and that report abuse will actually work.

2 Likes

Is copying other’s clothing (Shirts and Pants) still permitted? My friend has had his clothing copied multiple times and he can’t find a way to protect his clothing.

4 Likes

It’s still allowed, you just can’t take it offsite. This seems like a massive oversight.

3 Likes

Wow that is lame that people can take our things and profit off of them in Roblox.

3 Likes

It’s still allowed on Roblox, however as of recent some very serious designers have been filling out DMCA takedown forms… and it’s gotten the copied(s) item taken down.

But that’s quite a ridiculous process for an article of clothing. I hate having my clothing stolen & see these people making thousands off of my hard work, but it truly seems as if Roblox doesn’t care until there’s a DMCA claim.

5 Likes

Out of curiosity, does this mean we can’t make a game in the same general theme as Postal 2?

Or does this only account for real world events?

I’m only wondering because of the pseudo bit.

7 Likes

Yeah, I have a friend who is very talented at creating Napoleonic-style uniforms, and he had them stolen by a group 15x his size, which the owner replied with “Your group is going nowhere, I don’t see why you don’t join mine.” and that infuriated me, because I felt his anger as I too have had my hard work stolen by exploiters.

7 Likes

[Enable users of your game to contact you so you can support your game.]

Changing the setting to everyone can message you will help you keep track of the players having issues in your Roblox game. As for the in-game alternatives you mentioned earlier, please feel free to use those too if needed.

PMs aren’t a suitable form of contact, as front page game developers’ inboxes are flooded with too many PMs to keep track of. Users requesting support will be drowned out by all of the other PMs.

20 Likes

Not to mention the spam bots that flood your PMs.

13 Likes

You’re allowed to use off-site services such as analytics in your code as long as you’re not directing other users to these services in-game or on the Roblox site.

2 Likes

Many developers and people in general experience spam if inboxes are left open to the public. Although there is usefulness in feedback, there’s thousands of bots on Roblox nowadays, so I don’t see how this would be an effective solution in Roblox today. Is this a head on rule? I have my inbox open to followers, users I follow, and friends, is this acceptable?

6 Likes

Honestly, I’ve reported people constantly for 2 weeks with the Report Abuse button for going around the censor saying bad words via writing the first letter followed by **** as a form of censoring out the bad word, however it’s blatantly obvious which word they meant to use.

It took me until I e-mailed info@roblox.com about the user to actually get anything done. So I’ve skipped using Report Abuse and just use roblox.com/support, which is essentially like e-mailing info@roblox.com but with a neat little form.

1 Like

Set it to you need to be followed and then say that in your bio

That’s what I do.

2 Likes