Roblox Community Rules Update

Hi Developers,

Based on your feedback, we have updated our Community Rules to provide more transparent guidelines. These updates are clarifications to currently existing rules that continue to be in effect on Roblox. You can read the updated rules here: https://en.help.roblox.com/hc/en-us/articles/203313410-Roblox-Community-Rules. Please remember these Community Rules are not exhaustive. Due to the nature of user-generated content, it is not possible to cover all specific scenarios of what is not permitted. These updated Rules will provide you with general guidelines on how to create within the Roblox community.

The updated rules cover the following areas:

• Further examples of inappropriate content
  • In-game specific promo codes for developer products and how to showcase them
  • Prohibited use of personal and family photos.
  • Further clarification on rules against exploited and exploiting content.
  • Offsite links, 3rd party content or services
  • Prohibited use of banned/suspended content

Please be sure to read the updated rules for the full context.

Thanks,
Developer Relations Team

42 Likes

Is there a list of changes to refer to instead of re-reading the whole thing?

7 Likes

Directly under,

3 Likes

Why does report button not work when reporting a group with confederate flag multiple times :thinking:

13 Likes

fda6a4550214270d449781d2bb1bcdd0
ENFORCE THIS

99 Likes

Agreed, I feels like I see ads selling “invisible” clothing everyday, along with the new “Glitched t-shirts” which advertise getting a 50k robux for 50 if they buy a t-shirt with an image of the item on it.

7 Likes

This is an incredibly difficult thing to do, given our current tools. There’s no comment section. Private messages have wonky behavior and unreadable chat filters. Building an in-game feedback system is complicated and takes lots of time and effort.

Besides this, everything else seems about right.

52 Likes

Just to clarify, offsite datastores / analytics are still permitted?

4 Likes

I believe that they’re allowed in code but not allowed to be linked to?

2 Likes

Then how are we supposed to do this if we can’t link to a google form or something?

8 Likes

I think that just means to enable PMs on Roblox. idk for sure tho

1 Like

If it becomes an issue, I’ll contact devrel to have it sorted out I guess.

1 Like

As discussed in Roblox Terms of Use, you cannot (and you cannot allow others) sell, trade or give away Robux, digital goods or game codes except through official channels on Roblox platform. For example, you cannot conduct such transactions through chat, Roblox groups, or third-party apps or websites.

What are the official channels?

1 Like

I’m actually glad people have upoaded invisible clothing, I still love solid color outfits.

4 Likes

Roblox group payouts, trade system etc.

I know people who have given away Robux on Twitter have been moderated for this.

1 Like

hold the telephone

So are giveaways suddenly banned? I can’t give away gift card codes or hats on social media anymore

14 Likes

You can still give away gift card codes.
Rewording: Roblox won’t moderate you for it.

11 Likes

This is important to bring up, Roblox would provide better methods for this. Currently players use the first badge or first gamepass (if they exist) as a defacto comment system.

4 Likes

Yeah, that too.

2 Likes

But the ads try to make people believe by purchasing it, your limbs will literally dissappear and you will be invisible to other people.

1 Like