Roblox Community Space: A Vision of Social Experiences on Roblox

This is because you don’t have access yourself, you can only access VC-Enabled servers if you have access to the beta, if you don’t, you get teleported as you described to a non-VC-Enabled server

1 Like

It only happens If I join friends from the home page, If I join friends from their profile, then I can join VC enabled servers.

edit: this is a bug, see here for more info: Unable to join friend through the home page

1 Like

unfortunately I was not selected, but I find this new tool really fantastic and useful

Maybe they will use speech recognition and if a word is bad, they will notsend the audio to other people and they will send audio to a place where moderators will review

My only question would be how will profanity in-game be handled? I know that it is almost impossible to avoid swearing/cursing in today’s world both inside and outside of the digital world, but I also know that ROBLOX is pretty strict when it comes to handling inappropriate behaviors. I just want to know how it’d work legally and ethically.

We have invited more eligible developers to the Spatial Voice Beta. If you are selected, you will receive an invitation with more information on how to opt-in to the developer preview via a Private Message.

We also invite all Spatial Voice Beta users to join the Roblox Community Space each day between 12PM - 2PM PT (7PM - 10PM UTC) to help us playtest!

17 Likes

I am pretty sure they are brain storming ideas because I much agree with what you are saying. It is one thing if it is chat and now it is another if its voice chat. I would think they would do the same thing that news channels or tv game shows do by bleeping them out every time someone says a curse word or type of profanity. Since this is a game I think their methods could be different but I could be wrong.

1 Like

Hopefully I’ll get invited to this…

So do the invites go out as soon as it’s open for testing?

I was selected for the first wave of invites to the spacial voice-chat feature, however, i seem to have had it revoked today for no apparent reason. Were some people removed to make room for the new eligible developers or something?

6 Likes

Thats really weird. Maybe they are removing the people who already had access because of what happened? I dont know thats really weird though.

1 Like

Will there ever be any information about the criteria of being “eligible” for those who need it?

2 Likes

it seems to be so much fun, if you want to invite me to try it, we’re here to try it

I’ve been in the community for about 7 years now and I only see very well-developed progress, congratulations.

That’s what I thought as well. Only thing I was worried is that if only speech recognition is a thing, and we don’t know how it’ll be done and how it’s going to be filtered from client to server yet. I got a few guesses.

My best guess atm is that it’ll behave like Message:FilterStringAsync() from the Chat API. Obviously there’ll be a latency, and voice data (from my experience) tends to hit a bit more latency when transmitted from point A to B, therefore I think sometimes there might be a delay associated with it if it’s being filtered on server.

I got invited, I’m excited to try it out, but I’m not sure about how it’ll look like down the road.

Got access yesteday, its pretty cool to use

Fortunately I had the opportunity to hear and see with my own eyes and ears this new function, it is incredible!!

I just had this same problem with an external DAC/Amp. I was running it at 32 bit 192000Hz to get the best quality audio from Spotify. Had to lower that setting to make voice chat work. Definitely something that needs improvement

Many other people had it revoked as well, including some event organizers.

1 Like

I can talk to people and they hear me, but I cannot hear them? Anyone else having this issue?
*I can hear the in-game music and sounds, just not the people speaking.

I have this bug as well… anyone know a fix?