Roblox Copyright On Audio

1. What do you want to achieve? Keep it simple and clear!
    I want to find out if using a theme from a television series such as Alice In Borderland is allowed to be added into my game. Another thing I want to know is if everything saying Roblox as the creator is copyright free, just to be 1000% percent sure.

2. What is the issue? Include screenshots / videos if possible!

The issue is getting copyright punishments which I want to avoid at all costs but I feel if I used the music from the show it would link so much more to the people playing and the even the same ambience.

3. What solutions have you tried so far? Did you look for solutions on the Developer Hub?
    I have tried looking up stuff on copyright but couldn’t really find much

2 Likes

Well if the soundtrack is copyrighted itself, then no. Roblox probably won’t take action against you, but the original copyright holder will.
You can ask the creators of the soundtrack for permission if it is copyrighted, though.

1. Using the music from Alice in Borderland is not permitted, unless you go pay for the rights to use that music.

2. Yes, anything in the Roblox Marketplace is clear to use in your game.

3. There are several posts outlining copyright, but Roblox’s Terms of Service is the place to look – see “Intellectual Property and UGC.”

We made a copyright-clean music creation app called Audioscape that is in a free private beta for Roblox Developers. See our post to Creator Resources.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 14 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.