Roblox Crash on opening (Hyperion Crash)

Roblox Player will crash on opening it.

This only happens in Player.
This started happening a week or two after hyperion got released (I do not have any exploits).

Log/dump files were attached to the internal ticket by a Roblox Staff (@Focia19), due to the sensitive information they may contain, will not be shared publicly!

5 Likes

V609 was released recently. I believe this will fix it when it becomes live:

I did notice a huge performance increase today though, possibly due to what this person said which I tried

Try seeing if it works for you, the issue seems to be slightly different for everyone but it’s worth a try

Didn’t work : (

Oh, didn’t know you get the popup. I’ve only had to deal with the no-popup issue, but I think this is possibly easier to solve. There’s all kinds of stuff to try, but I’d recommend starting here, assuming you haven’t already looked up solutions:

And maybe some suggestions of my own that may or may not help:

• Navigate to %APPDATA%, back out to AppData, go to \Local\Roblox\Versions\[most recent version] and run “RobloxPlayerInstaller.exe”

• Or, back out to AppData\Local\Roblox and delete everything in the whole folder, then reinstall

• Find the Roblox Player shortcut on your desktop, right click, go to Properties > Compatibility > Run compatibility troubleshooter, or try all the different options in Compatibility mode

• Unplug USB devices to see if they’re interfering, especially bluetooth USBs or, if you have one, Logitech steering wheels

If you also have Oculus software on your computer, you may need to uninstall that as it’s known to many that it tends to mess with Roblox

If nothing works you may have to back out to the MS Store version temporarily.

Do you have a steering wheel connected? Some steering wheels can cause crashes with the Roblox client when plugged in. I had that issue when I got mine a few weeks ago.

1 Like

Nope. I don’t have any steering wheels

MS Store version just crashes after like 3 seconds. Also on other pcs/laptops roblox works perfectly without issues.

Had this issue too, found out it was because I had previously used a global injector (not for Roblox). Heres how I fixed it:

1. Uninstall Roblox
  2. CTRL+R & search %temp%, remove ‘Roblox’
  3. CTRL+R, %appdata% > Local and remove ‘Roblox’
  4. CTRL+R, %userprofile%\AppData\Local\Microsoft\Windows\Explorer & remove every file. If it cannot be removed skip it.
  5. Restart PC
  6. Reinstall Roblox

Hope that helps!

Pretty sure this isn’t an hyperion crash either. Hyperion crashes will tell you how to avoid these crashes (uninstalling cheat software), while this doesn’t.

no, they dont

if your PC is a prebuilt try and stop some of the backround processes (ex. DELL Audio applet)
even if its a fresh install Windows 10 reinstalls some of them

1 Like

Every solution is hopeless i just can’t play roblox on my main pc. If anyone knows how to analyse a dump file pls reply.

Yep. they do. they tell you to delete cheat software on your pc (the error), it won’t just crash and say “An unexpected error occured and Roblox needs to quit.”

This is what it would say instead:

“Unapproved third party detected,please uninstall this third party and re-run Roblox.”

(sorry that its so pixelated)

Please do not send your memory dump to people other than Roblox engineers:

Have you had any response from Roblox engineers yet? I think it’d be best to wait before seeking a solution that might change the very issue you have into a different issue.
From the images you have attached in the thread, it looks like a engine crash, have you checked your graphical drivers at all? Check if they are up to date and such

1 Like

Nope. My graphic drivers are up to date and i was asking on how i could analyse the dump file myself.

You can look at it in a hexeditor, but I have doubts you’ll be able to fully analyse the stack trace without being a Roblox engineer

If you’re on Windows, open Disk Cleanup, select your main drive, the Thumbnails option and OK.

Hey DOTbender, Apology for the challenges you are facing. Your system is running unapproved 3rd party software that has changed Windows. The best way to fix this would be to format and reinstall Windows. Once completed you should have no issue running the Roblox player again.

1 Like

Oh, if you don’t mind could i know what the software is that changed my windows installation?

Roblox has randomly started working on my pc after an roblox update : D

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 14 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.