Roblox crashes again

I already had this problem recently (Roblox crashes again after update), but it disappeared with the update, but apparently not for long, since I ENCOUNTERED IT AGAIN, 3 TIMES.
Roblox crashes after update. I’ve tried reinstalling roblox, restarting my computer, nothing worked.

Reproduction Steps
After update
Join any game through the site or open the application itself

Actual Behavior
Roblox crashes

Expected Behavior
Roblox should not crash

Issue Area: Roblox Player and Roblox App
Impact: High

System Information:

Operating System: Windows 11 Professional 64-bit (21H2, build 22000.1696)
Processor: 11th Gen Intel(R) Core™ i5-11400
RAM: 16GB

Dump files

5 Likes

We’ve filed a ticket into our internal database for this issue, and we will update you when we have further information!

Thanks for the report!

3 Likes

Hello Alex_Kornilov,

We have analyzed the provided crash dump, and it appears that Hyperion is causing the crash due to badware detection. To assist you in identifying the problematic software, please follow Strategy Three described here to create an extended crash dump, and kindly forward it to us.

Thank you for your cooperation.

3 Likes

Since I’ve been waiting for an answer for a long time, I decided to do something myself and installed BloxStrap and my roblox started up. Then I experimented (deleted bloxstrap and reinstalled roblox), which resulted in roblox working, without a clue how it works. Is it possible to find out what conflicted without contacting you (If this problem happens again)?

Hello again,

We are glad the Roblox Player is working for you now. However, the original crash dump suggests that some other software on your computer is incompatible with Hyperion. It is surprising that BloxStrap, being a launcher, had any impact.

With that being said, we still recommend enabling full crash dumps as mentioned before, just in case the crashes resurface. If you obtain a full crash dump, please DM it directly to me, and I should be able to identify relatively quickly which other software is interfering with Hyperion.

Either way, for now, I will mark this bug report as solved, hoping that you won’t encounter any further issues.

2 Likes

OH NO, AGAIN. Full dump file

2 Likes

It’s nice to know that I’m not the only one having crashes on ROBLOX again.
These crashes are bad for games with linked places.

3 Likes

I’m having crashes and I can’t use roblox at all. It crashes after about a minute and it just freezes.

4 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 14 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.