Roblox crashes entire PC

Roblox keeps crashing my entire PC when I try launching Roblox, crashes as soon it says “Starting Roblox”. This has happened ever since last month when an update caused this.(Pretty much around when Byfron was released to everyone)

Solutions I’ve tried: Reinstalling Roblox, Reinstalling Windows(worked for a bit, till it randomly started crashing again), checking for driver updates(all drivers are up to date).

Specifications:

CPU: Intel(R) Core™ i5-10400F
GPU: NVIDIA GeForce GT 710
RAM: 8GB

Microsoft Roblox does not seem to crash, same as Roblox Studio it does not crash. The Roblox App crashes just like the website though.

1 Like

Hello DaconHoliday,

Could you please explain what you mean by crashing my entire PC?

Sorry, should’ve worded it better, but by that I mean it causes my PC to shutdown and reboot.

Roblox Player and Hyperion operate in user mode, which means they should not have the ability to crash or shut down the operating system. Additionally, there is no code in Hyperion or any other part of the engine that is designed to shut down the computer.

However, it is worth mentioning that another user has reported their laptop shutting down. I have speculated that this issue might be related to overheating when writing a crash dump. Perhaps you are running into a similiar issue.

2 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 14 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.